Article date: 21 January 2004
Customers are now able to buy Norwich Union Healthcare PrivateMedical Insurance products over the internet. They can also get anumber of quotes and buy cover immediately online. Following asuccessful pilot the online application system was launched thisweek. Norwich Union are also currently offering customers who applyfor a Norwich Union Healthcare policy online their first monthscover free for the first year of the policy.
The new system gives consumers a quicker way to buy healthcare,with a simple three stage quote process. The quotes service islinked to a hospital database, by entering their postcode and housenumber a list of hospitals within a 50 mile radius of theconsumer’s home is generated. By selecting at least onehospital and then adding age and contact details a no obligationquote is generated. The whole process takes just a few minutes.
Consumers can get a no obligation quote by visiting NorwichUnion Healthcare’s website at www.norwichunion.com/health.From there click on the "Get a quote" link.
Heather Smith, head of marketing at Norwich Union Healthcare,said: "This new development gives choice and simplifies the waycustomers buy healthcare, by reducing the number of steps involvedin obtaining a quote, improving the hospital selection process, andbeing able to buy cover immediately. The ability to both quote andapply online is a major step forward and we are the largest privatemedical insurer providing this facility. Currently we are alsooffering customers who apply online their first months coverfree."
Press office contacts:
Lorna Wiltshire01904 723236 Out of hours 07788 471849
James Evans 01904 452791 Out of hours 07790 487105
Louise Goffee 01904 452617 Out of hours 07810 057362
David Gwyer 01904 452828 Out of hours 07800 699508
Rob Pell 01904 452659 Out of hours 07968 934091
Notes to Editors
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer. It is a leadingprovider of life, pensions and investment products and one of theleading IFA providers. IFAs provide around 70% of the company'slong-term savings business in the UK
- Norwich Union has strategic alliances with building societiesand other leading UK brand names including Tesco Personal Financeand The Royal Bank of Scotland Group
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available from Aviva's internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media
- Norwich Union Healthcare was founded in 1990 as the healthcarearm of Norwich Union and now provides a range of income protectionand private medical insurance products that cover over 750,000lives. It is one of the largest providers of income protection andprivate medical insurance in the UK
- Norwich Union Healthcare is a member of the General InsuranceStandards Council, the Association of British Insurers and theFinancial Ombudsman Service.