Article date: 18 March 2004
Norwich Union is set to add private motor new businessfunctionality to its online trading solution for brokers.
The company has launched a pilot to trial full new businesspolicy administration for private car, motor cycles and vansalongside the mid-term adjustment capability already offered underNorwich Union’s e-services.
The move, which forms part of an ongoing development of thewww.norwichunion.com/e-brokingwebsite, means that Norwich Union will now be able to offer brokersfull online policy control of new and existing business for a rangeof both private motor and household products.
Brokers will be able to access a secure link into NorwichUnion’s mainframe administration system to obtain quotations,confirm new business, make mid term adjustments, check policystatus and issue documentation from their own office.
"It’s a self service option which puts brokers very muchin control of their customer documentation and offers savings inadmin time and costs," says Chris Betts, e-propositions manager atNorwich Union. "The on-line capability provided via the e-brokingwebsite supplements the increasing range of full cycle EDI productswhich Norwich Union offers via software houses".
Norwich Union recently revamped its e-broking website with theaddition of a series of online business planning guides for brokersand a new design based on broker feedback.
The Business Advisor fact sheets, available as PDF downloads,offer brokers up to the minute advice on a wide range ofoperational topics, from sales and marketing to regulation andtechnology.
The site also features enhanced usability with smaller pages andfaster download times, improved navigation and a new searchfacility.
Traffic to the e-broking website has increased by 170% over thepast six months. The site now attracts around 6,500 unique visitorsevery month.
Commercial quotations for self-employed and terrorism are alsoavailable on the site.
Content from the e-broking website is also available to brokersusing the imarket portal.
For further information, please contact:
Debbie Wells at Staniforth on 0161 274 0100
David Ross at Norwich Union on 08703 66 68 65/07786 526350.
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market shareof around 14%
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses, Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available on the Aviva internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68