Article date: 17 October 2012
- First provider to launch a dedicated CPD tool
- Advisers will benefit from new comprehensive learning material
- Ability to record and track professional development learning outcomes
Aviva has today announced the launch of a new online Continuing Professional Development (CPD) tool. Designed to give advisers access to relevant CPD in order to demonstrate their continuing competence in a post RDR world, Aviva is the first provider to offer dedicated CPD support.
The new Retail Distribution Review (RDR) professionalism rules set out by the FSA, specifies that all advisers are required to undertake a minimum of 35 hours CPD each year, 21 of which needs to be through structured elements such as workshops, courses or computer based training.
To address this development need, Aviva has broadened the provision offered through its Financial Adviser Academy (FAA) to include on-going CPD learning materials and validation tests.
The interactive website offers:
- Personalised home page – displaying adviser’s personal record of both structured and unstructured CPD activities completed.
- Technical Knowledge – a full range of technical CPD modules covering all the learning outcomes required by the regulator – which can also be used for studying towards awarding body exams such as IFS, Calibrand and CIOBS – as well as on-going support for the CII “R” exams, including chapter summaries, practice exams and links to useful websites.
- Personal Skills – a range of materials to help advisers develop their personal skills, including presentation, questioning and listening skills.
- Business evolution – materials designed to help advisers develop their business, such as understanding the customer, relationship management and analysing key business data.
In each area, advisers have access to course materials and a validation test system, which will enable them to achieve their desired learning outcomes and track all their CPD activity throughout the year. This recorded evidence can be used to make their annual declarations of learning to their accredited bodies.
The CPD tool is available to both new and existing Financial Adviser Academy members. Membership is free and registration is quick and simple at www.aviva.co.uk/academy.
Andrew Beswick, intermediary director at Aviva said, “We have launched our CPD tool to help and support advisers in achieving and maintaining the level of professionalism required in the post-RDR world.
“This is an opportunity for the industry to take charge of its learning and development and push the boundaries in achieving new standards for financial advice.
“When it was launched in 2008 the Aviva Financial Adviser Academy was aimed at helping advisers achieve the QCF Level 4 qualification. Four years on, we have almost 20,000 registered members. We remain committed to helping advisers boost their technical knowledge, expand personal development skills and sustain their businesses in this new era.”
- ends -
If you are a journalist and would like further information, please contact:
Fiona Robertson: Aviva Press Office: 01904 452659: 07800 692299: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
Link to the site demo slides - https://aviva.ms2m.com/academy/materials/demo/demo.htm
Once clicked on, it will load and play automatically in the internet browser.
Aviva provides insurance, savings and investment products to 43 million customers worldwide.
We are the UK’s largest insurer with over 14 million customers and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance. We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand. We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
We are ranked as one of the UK’s top ten most valuable brands and Aviva Plc are in the top 10% of socially responsible companies globally in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. In 2011 we invested £5.3m into our UK communities. One in three of our employees were involved in community investment activities which included giving nearly 33,000 hours.
Aviva is working in partnership with Railway Children through the Aviva Street to School programme to get children living or working on UK streets back into everyday life. Find out more at www.aviva.co.uk/street-to-school
The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes company information and a news release archive.
For broadcast-standard video, please visit www.aviva.com/media/video
Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc