Article date: 29 March 2004
Norwich Union has appointed Paul Murphy asunderwriting manager for casualty specialist classes.
Murphy (33) joins from his previous role as senior propertyunderwriter for the company, where he worked in the industrialsegment team for two years.
Responsible for group PA, professional indemnity, contingencyand guarantee and legal expenses business, he brings 14 years ofunderwriting experience to the post working for Commercial Union,CGU and Norwich Union. He will be based at the company’sFenchurch Street offices in the City.
Paul commented: "I’m delighted to be joining NorwichUnion’s team of casualty specialists and will be helping toraise the profile of the specialist classes team expertise over thecoming months.
"We have a wealth of experience in these classes of business andI will be looking to expand our book through cross selling andupselling to the SME market. Looking at Group PA specifically, Iwill be aiming to raise Norwich Union’s profile as a majorplayer in this market."
For further information, please contact:
Debbie Wells at Staniforth on 0161 274 0100 or David Ross atNorwich Union on 08703 66 68 65/07786 526350.
Notes to editors
Norwich Union Insurance
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market shareof around 14 per cent
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses, Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available on the Aviva internet press centre atwww.aviva.com/media.
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
- For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 6873
- For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68