Article date: 4 March 2013
Aviva plc (“Aviva”) announces that Christine Deputy has today been appointed Group HR Director. Christine will join the Aviva Group Executive, reporting to Mark Wilson, Group Chief Executive Officer.
Christine’s most recent position was Head of HR for Global Retail and Business Banking at Barclays plc. Prior to this, Christine was Chief Human Resources Officer at Dunkin’ Brands Group. Christine also has over ten years’ experience at Starbucks, where she served as Vice President, Partner Resources, for Asia Pacific and Greater China Regions.
Christine will join Aviva in early March. She will be responsible for developing the global HR strategy and will work with Mark to ensure that Aviva can attract, retain and develop high quality employees across the Group. Christine will also work closely with the Board Remuneration Committee.
Mark Wilson, Group Chief Executive Officer of Aviva, said: “Christine’s appointment further strengthens the Aviva executive management team. Christine has a significant track record of leading human resources functions and has been responsible for the delivery of successful cultural-change programmes across a number of businesses. This appointment underlines our commitment to develop a culture that emphasises personal accountability and rewards high performance.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Carole Jones for her significant contribution during her time as Acting HR Director. Carole will work closely with Christine to ensure her smooth transition into the role.”
Andrew Reid +44 (0)20 7662 3131
Sarah Swailes +44 (0)20 7662 6700
Charles Barrows +44 (0)20 7662 8115
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides 43 million customers with insurance, savings and investment products.
- We are the UK’s largest insurer and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance.
- We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand.
- We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library.
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc