Article date: 17 April 2013
Aviva, the UK’s largest insurer, has been ranked as one of the top companies in the worldwide FTSE4Good index.
Aviva has been included since the inception of the index in 2001. This year Aviva took the top spot in the insurance super-sector and was ranked as one of the top five companies globally, in the March 2013 review.
The accolade recognises Aviva’s strong Corporate Responsibility commitment and performance, as well as its effective management and governance structure. Over 2,300 companies are evaluated and assessed on clear risk and performance data covering six key Environmental, Social and Governance themes of:
- Environmental Management
- Climate Change
- Supply Chain
- Labour Standards
- Human & Labour Rights
- Corporate Governance and Countering Bribery
Amanda Mackenzie, executive committee member, responsible for CR at Aviva said; “Everyone at Aviva is incredibly proud to achieve such a high ranking on the FTSE4Good index as it recognises the contribution that each and every one of us makes on a daily basis. We’ve worked tirelessly to build a corporate responsibility programme that genuinely has impact and drives positive change. This award is testament to the hard work of our teams but there is still more to be done which is why we have set out a two-year plan to outline our goals for the future.”
Aviva’s commitment to positively impacting the communities they are in can be found in the recently published 2012 corporate responsibility report,
Notes to Editors
FTSE4Good ESG Ratings have been designed to objectively measure the ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) risk and performance of companies worldwide. Supersector-relative ratings across six ESG themes track over 2,400 public companies, making FTSE4Good ESG Ratings a valuable tool for investors who wish to incorporate ESG factors into their investment decision making processes, or as a framework for corporate engagement and stewardship.
- Aviva provides 34 million customers with insurance, savings and investment products.
- We are the UK’s largest insurer and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance.
- We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand.
- We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media/ includes images, company and product information and a news release archive
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/.
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc