Article date: 13 September 2013
Aviva plc (“Aviva”) has appointed Michael Mire as an independent non-executive director of the Board with effect from 12 September 2013. He will also join the Board Risk, Governance and Nomination Committees.
Michael was most recently a senior partner at McKinsey & Company and he will retire this month after more than 30 years with the firm. He is currently a non-executive director of the Care Quality Commission.
During his career at McKinsey & Company Michael focused on financial services, retailing and transformation programmes.
John McFarlane, chairman of Aviva, said:“I am delighted to welcome Michael to the Board of Aviva. Michael’s appointment is part of our ongoing programme to refresh the Board and he brings to the Board a considerable strategic perspective and an in-depth understanding of the financial services sector. I look forward to working with Michael over the coming years.”
Colin Simpson +44 (0)20 7662 8115
David Elliot +44 (0)20 7662 8048
Nigel Prideaux +44 (0)20 7662 0215
Andrew Reid +44 (0)20 7662 3131
Notes to editors:
- In accordance with paragraph LR 9.6.13R of the listing rules, Aviva confirms there is no information to be disclosed in terms of LR 9.6.13R (2) to LR 9.6.13R (6) inclusive in respect of Michael Mire.
- At the date of this announcement, Michael Mire has no beneficial interests in ordinary shares of Aviva.
- Michael Mire is currently a non-executive director of the Care Quality Commission.
- Michael Mire’s appointment has been approved by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulatory Authority.
- Aviva provides 34 million customers with insurance, savings and investment products.
- We are the UK’s largest insurer and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance.
- We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand.
- We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media includes images, company and product information and a news release archive
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/video/.
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc