Article date: 23 April 2004
Norwich Union has been chosen by Daimler Chrysler ServicesInsurance Solutions Limited as its sole provider of motorinsurance.
Daimler Chrysler Services Insurance Solutions Limited, which isresponsible for the branded motor insurance products forMercedes-Benz, Chrysler, Jeep and smart brands, currently operatesa panel arrangement with four insurers, but Norwich Union –the UK’s largest insurer – will become the soleprovider from July 1, 2004.
Graham Boffey, partnerships director at Norwich Union, said:"We’re delighted to have won this five-year deal amid fiercecompetition.
"Norwich Union and Daimler Chrysler already have a good workingrelationship and we look forward to building on this and workingclosely to develop and expand the account."
Martin Fehrmann, managing director at Daimler Chrysler ServicesInsurance Solutions Limited, added: "With our aggressive targets itwas essential that we chose a partner that understood the needs ofour customers and which could deliver products that are innovative,competitive and tailored to our individual brands.
"We look forward to working with Norwich Union over the nextfive years to achieve our goals."
Jenny Chapman at Norwich Union on 01603 682264 or 07775 822642, orCathie Schweizer at Daimler Chrysler Services Insurance SolutionsLimited on 01908 557723 or 07957 837979.
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market shareof around 14%.
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses, Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available on the Aviva internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast -call the press office on 01603 683820