Article date: 20 January 2014
Aviva UK and Ireland General Insurance (UK&I GI) has appointed Ian Foy as managing director of personal motor, home and specialist lines. Ian joins Aviva with immediate effect, reporting to Maurice Tulloch, Chief Executive Officer, UK&I GI.
Until recently Ian was group chief executive of Insurance Australia Group’s (IAG) UK operations. Prior to that, he was chief executive of IAG’s New Zealand business.
Maurice Tulloch, CEO, Aviva UK and Ireland General Insurance, said:“Ian brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to Aviva and undoubtedly he will add significant strength to my leadership team as we grow and develop our personal lines business in 2014.”
“His credentials are widely recognised across the insurance industry and his arrival – following soon after the appointment of Colm Holmes as CFO for Aviva UK&I GI - again underlines Aviva’s ability to attract outstanding talent. I am really pleased to welcome Ian to Aviva and I’m looking forward to working with him.”
Ian Foy, managing director of personal motor, home and specialist lines, said: “Aviva has a great reputation in the market and I am delighted to be joining such a strong leadership team. The opportunity to develop and grow Aviva’s personal home and motor propositions and build a speciality lines business is incredibly exciting.”
Steve Treloar continues as Managing Director UK Direct, with additional responsibilities for building a UK digital direct business providing both GI and Life protection products to retail consumers.
James Leach: 0207 662 0253│07800 696 536│email@example.com
About Ian Foy:
Ian Foy was appointed group chief executive of Insurance Australia Group’s (IAG) UK operations in September 2010, assuming overall management of Equity Insurance Group, Barnett & Barnett and NBJ.
Foy is a seasoned and experienced insurance executive, having worked extensively in the UK and New Zealand markets, as well as other areas of Europe and Australia. He was chief executive of IAG’s New Zealand business from 2008 until his return to the UK in 2010, having spent the five previous years as head of broker business and strategy at NZI. Between 1998 and 2003, he worked in several roles in Aviva’s New Zealand business, having begun his career at General Accident.
He was born and raised in Yorkshire and studied experimental psychology at Cambridge University before completing an MBA at Henley Management College.
- Aviva provides life, general and health insurance and asset management services to 34 million customers worldwide.
- We are the UK’s largest insurer with over 14 million customers and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance. We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand.
- Aviva is committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
- We are ranked as one of the UK’s top ten most valuable brands and Aviva Plc is in the top 10% of socially responsible companies globally in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index.
- In 2012 we invested £5.7m into our UK communities. One in three employees were involved in community investment activities which included giving nearly 30,000 hours.
- Aviva is working in partnership with Railway Children through the Aviva Street to School programme to get children living or working on UK streets back into everyday life, especially education. Find out more at www.aviva.co.uk/street-to-school/
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media/ includes company and product information and a news release archive
- For an interactive introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/library/reports/this-is-aviva-2013/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/video/
- Follow us on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/avivaplc/