Article date: 24 April 2014
Aviva today announces the appointment of David Lovely as Claims Director, reporting to Maurice Tulloch, Chief Executive Officer, UK&I GI.
Dave is currently Senior Vice President, Global Claims at ACE Insurance Limited in the United States. Since his career began in 1985, Dave has held a variety of positions in claims and operations with Liberty Mutual, General Electric and Allianz, specialising in improving operating efficiency and quality.
Maurice Tulloch, Chief Executive Officer, Aviva UK&I General Insurance said: “Dave brings nearly thirty years of insurance industry expertise and market insight to Aviva. As the UK’s leading general insurer, our number one priority is to get our customers back on their feet when they make a claim with us, Dave will help Aviva maintain its market leading claims function, whilst further improving the service we provide to our customers.”
Rob Townend, who was appointed Deputy Claims Director in October 2013, will continue to run Aviva’s general insurance claims operations in the UK and Ireland.
Dave Lovely commented: “Aviva has a reputation as a company which provides exceptional support when customers need to make a claim - settling over 2,000 claims every day on average in the UK, paying out £2.6 billion in 2013 - and I am excited to be taking on the challenge of leading a team which delivers world class claims capability."
Dave joins Aviva on 1 May 2014 subject to regulatory approval.
James Leach: 0207 662 0253│07800 696 536│firstname.lastname@example.org
About David Lovely
Dave joins Aviva from Ace Insurance Ltd in the United States where he was Senior Vice President for Global Claims for five years. His experience includes managing claims strategy and transformation as well as claims process automation.
Dave started his career as an adjuster for Liberty Mutual in Boston, followed by several senior roles working for General Electric in the United States and later in Germany for Allianz. With his broad experience across different classes of business, as well as knowledge of digital and analytics, Dave will ensure Aviva maintains a market-leading claims service for its customers.
- Aviva provides 31 million customers with insurance, savings and investment products.
- We are one of the UK’s leading insurers and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance.
- We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand.
- We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media/ includes images, company and product information and a news release archive
- For an interactive introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/library/reports/this-is-aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/video/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/