Article date: 30 April 2004
Norwich Union has launched a guide to the electronics sector tohelp intermediaries gain competitive edge in this fast growingmarket.
Designed to help intermediaries identify new businessopportunities through a comprehensive understanding of risks inthis sector, the guide provides a market overview of this segment,including current conditions, common processes and riskmanagement.
Kate Walker, product manager at Norwich Union, explains: "Theelectronics guide supports our segmented approach by continuing todevelop solutions to help intermediaries enter new markets.
"Electronics is forecast to be the largest sector of the UKeconomy within the next few years, offering great potential tothose intermediaries who are well versed in the industry. Thesector is extremely diverse, ranging from small-scale domesticwhite goods suppliers to global office equipment manufacturers andtelecommunications providers, which is why this comprehensive guidewill prove a valuable reference tool.
"The electronics sector has seen a unprecedented rate of growthover the past few years which, supported by major Governmentinvestment, is showing no signs of slowing. Insurers andintermediaries active in this complex and constantly changingmarket need to respond quickly to provide a prompt andknowledgeable service."
Norwich Union has a specialist team of industry experts and alarge network of underwriters experienced in a wide range ofelectronics risks. All customers can access Norwich Union’srisk helpline, legal and tax helpline, 24 hour claims service andpreferred suppliers.
All new product ranges from Norwich Union provide GISC-friendlyproduct literature to help intermediaries comply with thecommercial code.
Visit http://www.nuebroking.comor contact Kate Walker at Norwich Union on tel 020 7817 6105.
For further information, please contact:
Alison Owen at Staniforth on 0161 274 0100 or David Ross at NorwichUnion on 08703 66 68 65/07786 526350.
Notes to editors
Norwich Union Insurance
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market share ofaround 14 per cent
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and small businesses,Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available on the Aviva internet press centre atwww.aviva.com/media.
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast. Callthe press office on 08703 66 68 68
- For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
- For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68