Article date: 13 August 2014
Aviva today announces the appointment of Adam Kornick as Global Analytics Director. He will report to Maurice Tulloch, Chairman, Global General Insurance and Chief Executive Officer, UK & Ireland General Insurance.
Adam joins from Progressive Insurance, a leading provider of car insurance in the US, where he was Vice President, Big Data and Analytics. He worked at Progressive for 10 years and his role was to use advanced computer technology to identify market trends and improve risk-based pricing, online advertising and claims analytics to predict and manage fraud.
Adam will play a leading role analysing data to understand the needs of customers and deliver Aviva’s Digital First strategy.
Maurice Tulloch, Chief Executive Officer, Aviva UK&I General insurance, said: “I am delighted that Adam is joining Aviva. He comes from a business that is regarded by many as being the best in the industry at analytics, and he will be an exceptional addition to our business. The UK has one of the most competitive insurance markets in the world and the use of big data and analytics will help us better utilise the data we already gather to continue improving the service and products we offer our customers.”
Adam Kornick added: “I was determined to join Aviva after being impressed by its commitment to improve underwriting, pricing and claims with predictive analytics. Aviva’s investment in digital and analytics will generate a wealth of data to identify developing trends, better understand the needs of our customers and improve the efficiency of our business by combating fraud. I am proud to be joining a very talented senior management team and I can’t wait to get started.”
Adam will join Aviva on 15 September 2014.
- Ends -
If you are a journalist and would like further information, please contact:
David Gwyer: +44 (0) 1603 685147 M: +44 (0) 7800 692544 firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
About Adam Kornick
Adam Kornick’s career also includes roles at global companies including Ford and Woods Hole Group. He has an MBA in Business Administration from MIT and a Master of Science in Engineering from the University of Florida.
- Aviva provides 31 million customers with insurance, savings and investment products.
- We are one of the UK’s leading insurers and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance.
- We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand.
- We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media/ includes images, company and product information and a news release archive
- For an interactive introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/library/reports/this-is-aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/video/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/