Article date: 1 April 2015
Aviva is pleased to announce the appointment of Law Debenture as the Corporate Chair of its Independent Governance Committee (IGC). Inder Dhingra, a director of Law Debenture, will take on the role of chairman.
Inder Dhingra is an independent non-executive director, independent pension trustee and an experienced senior executive from the financial services industry. He serves as director of Law Debenture, representing the firm on the trustee boards of a number of large pension schemes including as chair of investment committees. Inder is also a trustee director of the Lloyds Banking Group’s primary defined contribution pension scheme, and chair of the Group’s defined contribution investment committee.
In addition, Aviva is today confirming the appointments of Marcia Campbell and Robert Talbut as independent members. Marcia Campbell is an independent non-executive director with over 25 years’ experience in the financial services industry and is currently on the Board of Sainsbury’s Bank. Robert Talbut has over 30 years’ asset management and insurance experience and was Executive Director and Chief Investment Officer for Royal London Asset Management for ten years between 2004 and 2014.
Brian Gabriel, Director of Corporate Pensions and Business Solutions at Aviva, and Craig Hunter, Existing Business Commercial Director at Aviva, have also been appointed to the IGC.
Stephen Shone, Managing Director of Aviva Existing Business, said: “We have carried out an extensive search and have assembled an IGC with an excellent blend of skills and proven experience, excellence and professionalism in the pension and governance markets. Aviva is very much looking forward to working with the IGC and the independent oversight it will bring”.
Inder Dhingra said: “I am delighted to be working with Aviva in this important role and am very proud of the team we have assembled to take this forward. I am confident that with the depth and breadth of experience on the IGC, we will ensure good oversight on value for money and good outcomes for Aviva’s clients and members.”
If you are a journalist and would like further information, please contact: Aviva Press Office: Jess Geoghegan: 01904 684128: 07800 695673: email@example.com
Notes to editors:
About the Independent Governance Committee (IGC):
The IGC has been established in accordance with FCA rules and has a duty to act solely in the interests of relevant scheme members in assessing and raising concerns about the value for money of Workplace personal pension schemes.
The IGC will also provide independent oversight of actions relating to the Independent Project Board review and ensuring compliance with the DWP price cap on default funds and the removal of adviser commission.
- Aviva provides 29 million customers with insurance, savings and investment products.
- We are one of the UK’s leading insurers and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- We have operations in 16 countries and provide life, general and health insurance and asset management under our well recognised brand.
- We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
- The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/media/ includes images, company and product information and a news release archive
- For an interactive introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/library/reports/this-is-aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/video/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/