Article date: 19 August 2015
Norwich City and Aviva are delighted to announce the next chapter in one of the longest-running major commercial partnerships in the club’s history.
Aviva will become the official Community Partner of Norwich City Football Club in a new three-year deal at the start of the 2016/17 season.
The new partnership will bring an end to the eight successful years for Aviva as main club sponsor but continues the successful relationship and helps both the club and Aviva to continue to push forward with their commitment to the local community.
As the official Community Partner, Aviva will continue its long tradition of supporting community-focused activity throughout Norfolk and remain sponsor of the Community Stand. Further details about the partnership will be announced at the start of the 2016/17 season.
Lindsay Forster, customer marketing director at Aviva, said: “We are really pleased to be continuing our relationship with Norwich City FC by becoming their official Community Partner. Our time as main club sponsor has delivered some great community successes which have helped support some fantastic charities and it’s great that this will continue as part of our new relationship.
“With the Aviva Community Fund, which launched this year to support local community groups across the UK, this new partnership will help deliver even more support in the region. The partnership has been a fantastic experience for us, our customers and employees and we’re delighted to be able to continue our relationship with the club.”
David McNally, Chief Executive of Norwich City said: “This new chapter in our excellent partnership with Aviva is great news as not only are they staying on board as a major backer of the club, but they are also going to work closely with us and continue to support our work in the community, which is so much a part of what the Football Club and Aviva are about.
“Aviva have been with us on a rollercoaster of a journey from League One to the Premier League and we thank them for their phenomenal support and look forward to the next three years.
“This new deal with Aviva is our eighth major new partnership of a record-breaking summer for our commercial team – and work is already underway to secure the next main Club sponsor for Norwich City from the 2016-17 season onwards.”
Aviva Press Office: David Gwyer, 01603 685147, 07800 692544, email@example.com
Norwich City Press Office: Joe Ferrari, 01603 218746, firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 34* million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £245 billion in assets.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £24.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2014.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
* Before the deduction of overlapping customers.