Article date: 1 September 2015
Aviva plc announces today that Khor Hock Seng, Chief Executive Officer, Aviva Asia and Friends Provident International (FPI), will leave the Group at the end of October to join Great Eastern as its Group Chief Executive Officer, based in Singapore.
Chris Wei, Executive Chairman, Aviva Asia and FPI and Global Chairman, Aviva Digital, will continue to oversee the region and lead Aviva Asia’s and FPI’s growth strategy. Adrian Emery has been appointed as CEO, FPI, subject to local regulatory approval. Adrian joined Aviva in January 2015 as Director of Business Development for Global Life. In this role Adrian had responsibility for the distribution advisory capabilities for Global Life, including for the Asian markets, and most recently has helped to lead the integration of FPI into Aviva Asia.
Khor joined Aviva in early 2013 as CEO Aviva Asia. He has led the turnaround of the region, delivering strong VNB growth across Aviva’s core markets in Asia. During his tenure at Aviva, Khor achieved a number of milestones, including growing value of new business by 30% in 2014 with increases of 23% in Singapore and 100% in both China and Taiwan.
Chris Wei said: “It has been a great pleasure working with Khor. He is an excellent leader and his knowledge of the insurance industry in Asia is extensive. I would like to thank Khor for his significant contributions to building our business in Asia, which is a critically important region for our company, and wish him all the best in the next stage of his career.”
Khor Hock Seng said: “I had a wonderful time at Aviva and am pleased with the results we have achieved. It was a great experience working with the Aviva team, the JV partners and other stakeholders over the past few years. I truly treasure my time at Aviva and am confident that the company will continue to achieve further success.”
Yasmin Saleh +44(0)20 7662 8710
Colin Simpson +44 (0)20 7662 8115
David Elliot +44 (0)20 7662 8048
About Aviva Asia
- For an overview of Aviva Asia, visit http://www.aviva.com/media/upload/Overview_of_Asia.pdf
- Aviva operates in seven markets in Asia (Singapore, China, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Taiwan and India)
- Aviva is a leading life insurer in Singapore and one of the biggest providers of employee benefits and healthcare insurance
- Aviva-COFCO ranks among the top seven foreign life insurers in China, operating in twelve provinces and over 50 cities
- In Indonesia, Astra Aviva Life is an equal joint venture between Aviva and Astra International, one of Indonesia’s largest diversified conglomerates, to sell and distribute life products
- Aviva has had a presence in Hong Kong for more than 150 years
- In Vietnam, Aviva operates as VietinBank Aviva Life Insurance Ltd Co, a joint venture with Vietnam Commercial Joint Stock Bank of Industry and Trade
- Aviva operates First-Aviva in partnership with First Financial Holdings in Taiwan, with a wide distribution network of 190 branches across the country
- Aviva operates in partnership with the Dabur Group in India, with a wide distribution network of 121 branches spreading across nearly 1,000 towns and cities
- Following Aviva’s acquisition of Friends Life Group in April 2015, Friends Provident International is now part of the Aviva Group. Friends Provident International provides life assurance and investment products in Singapore, Hong Kong and United Arab Emirates.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 34* million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £245 billion in assets.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £24.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2014.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
* Before the deduction of Aviva and Friends Life overlapping customers.