Article date: 1 October 2015
October is National Home Security Month and Aviva, the UK’s leading insurer, has teamed up with innovative home security system provider, Canary, to give away 500 of its devices to new home insurance customers.
Canary, which has just launched in the UK, is a complete home security system packaged into one device which uses digital smartphone technology. It’s compact design means it weighs less than a bag of sugar (396g) and measures just over the size of a pint glass (15.4cm) making it portable and easy to move around the home.
New Aviva customers who purchase home insurance between 01 October and 30 November 2015 will be entered into a prize draw with a chance of winning one of 500 devices.*
Adam Beckett, propositions director at Aviva, said: “We’re excited to be offering our new home insurance customers the chance to win a state-of-the-art Canary home security device. Canary is a simple and innovative new product which uses smartphone technology to help people protect their homes and provide peace of mind for the whole family.
“We look forward to working with Canary and making the most of our shared home security and digital innovation expertise.”
● Watch live HD video with a 147-degree wide angle lens and automatic night vision
● Monitor temperature, humidity and air quality
● Sound the 90dB siren or contact police directly from the app
● Syncs with your phone to auto-arm or disarm
● Set it up in moments, and take it with you when you move
If you are a journalist and would like further information, please contact:
Katy Hurren | Aviva Press Office | 07800 692548 | email@example.com | @Katy_Hurren
John Franklin | Aviva Press Office | 07800 692110 | firstname.lastname@example.org |
Notes to editors
* New customers who purchase home insurance direct from Aviva, either via www.aviva.co.uk or by telephone, between 00:01hrs 01 October and 30 November 2015 will be automatically entered into a prize draw to win one of 500 all-in-one home security devices from Canary.
Canary website: http://canary.is/
• Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 34* million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
• In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
• Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £245 billion in assets.
• Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £24.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2014.
• By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
• The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
• For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
• For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
• Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/
* Before the deduction of overlapping customers.