Article date: 16 February 2009
Norwich Union Healthcare today announced the addition of two major health and fitness club providers to further improve its NU Get Active initiative.
All Norwich Union Healthcare Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, Group Risk and Occupational Health customers can access cheaper health club membership discount, through specially negotiated rates with a national network of health and fitness clubs.
The addition of the Fitness First and Livingwell health clubs doubles the amount of facilities previously available, significantly increasing the coverage to Norwich Union Healthcare's customers, particularly within the London area.
The nugetactive.com website has also been improved, with the addition of a new search and mapping facility to make it easier for customers to identify their nearest club.
Rebecca Freebody, head of propositions management & market development at Norwich Union Healthcare, said: "Norwich Union Healthcare is committed to the health and wellbeing of our customers and this is the first of a number of exciting initiatives we're launching this year, designed to help our customers lead a healthier lifestyle."
For further information, please contact:
Amber Scott (nee Chable), PR and Marketing Communications Manager
023 80359383 email@example.com
Notes to editors
- The membership discounts are negotiated on behalf of Norwich Union Healthcare by Health-Force, a company specialising in negotiating discounts on health and fitness club memberships.
- Discounts range from 15-40% depending on which facility is chosen. In addition to Fitness First and Livingwell, the network also includes; Bodysense, Kinetika and Fitness Express health clubs as well as a number of independent facilities. About Norwich Union Healthcare
- Norwich Union Healthcare was founded in 1990 as the healthcare arm of Norwich Union and now provides a range of private medical insurance, income protection, occupational health and group life products and services that cover over 2,400,000 lives. It is one of the largest providers of income protection and private medical insurance in the UK.
- Norwich Union Occupational Health, a sister company of Norwich Union Healthcare, provides occupational health solutions and services to a wide range of industry sectors. By utilising their large fleet of purpose built mobile clinics and approved medical centres, staffed by a team of experienced occupational physicians and nursing staff, the services are designed to meet the individual needs of clients.
- Norwich Union Healthcare is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a member of the Association of British Insurers and the Financial Ombudsman Service.