Article date: 20 July 2004
Norwich Union has launched a new website to help landlords inthe buy-to-let market make the most of their investment.
Designed for experienced and novice property owners alike, thecomprehensive website is packed with advice on dealing withtenants, understanding regulations, buying and selling property,marketing techniques and managing finances.
Mervyn Harris, product manager for property owners at NorwichUnion, explains: "A combination of consistently low interest rates,cheaper mortgages and a general trend towards increased personalwealth has created thousands of new residential property investorsover the last 10 years.
"With property investment no longer the sole province of wealthyentrepreneurs, replacing savings accounts and even pension plansamong the wider market, this is a sector that has seen phenomenalgrowth.
"Whether the market continues to grow or takes a downturn,landlords will need help and advice to ensure that they get themost from their investment.
"The new website aims to help landlords maximise their profitsthrough a full understanding of opportunities in this popularmarket segment – and reveals pitfalls to avoid.
"Tenancy agreement forms can be downloaded directly from thesite to give landlords instant access to legal documents. The sitealso features Hometrack valuation reports to provide up-to-date andindependent information on house prices and market trends.
"Brokers wishing to retain business in this highly competitivesector of the economy can draw on this easily accessibleinformation resource for help and advice."
The new site - http://www.norwichunion.com/landlord/- is available to all Norwich Union Residential Property Ownerspolicyholders. It has been developed following NorwichUnion’s research into the growing property owners’market and the launch last year of the new policy.
For further information, please contact:
Alison Owen at Staniforth on 0161 274 0100
David Ross at Norwich Union on 08703 66 68 65/07786 526350.
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union Insurance is the UK's largest insurer witha market share of around 14%
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses, Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union Insurance products are available through avariety of distribution channels including brokers, corporatepartners such as banks and building societies and Norwich UnionDirect
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available on the Aviva internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
- For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 6873
- For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68.