Article date: 7 September 2004
Morley Fund Management, one of the UK's largest fund managers,has added a new high performance corporate bond fund to its pooledpension fund range. The MPPL High Alpha Corporate Bond Fund will belaunched on 1 October 2004.
The fund will have an outperformance target of 1% per annum netof fees over the sterling benchmark: the iBoxx Sterling Non GiltIndex. To help achieve this target the Fund will be permitted tomake tactical allocations to US Dollar, Euro denominated, EmergingMarket and High Yield bonds. The Fund will be managed by RogerWebb, corporate bond fund manager.
Commenting on the launch of the fund, Shona Whitesmith, head ofconsultant relationships at Morley Fund Management, said: "Ourexperience over the last year is that both clients and consultantsare demanding greater outperformance from their bond portfolios. Asa result there are an increasing number of aggressive mandatesbeing offered within the market. Fixed income is a core competencyfor Morley and the addition of the MPPL High Alpha Corporate BondFund ensures our pooled fund offering continues to cater to theneeds of our clients."
Roger Webb, fund manager of the MPPL High Alpha Corporate BondFund, added: "Market conditions are making it increasinglydifficult to add value and at the same time clients are demandinggreater returns. After successfully managing higher performancefunds for retail clients for a number of years, we welcome theopportunity to apply these skills in the institutional marketplace.This Fund will seek to add performance for clients by drawing onthe specialist expertise of a selection of our fixed income fundmanagers in London and Boston."
For further information please contact:
Head of corporate communications
Morley Fund Management
020 7809 8617
Notes to editors:
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management ('Morley') is an independently managed,London based, asset management business with over £114 billion*under management (as at 30.06.04). It actively manages a diverserange of asset classes and employs in the region of 900 staffworldwide based in London, Singapore and an associate office inBoston**
- Morley is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Aviva Group andmanages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK by Norwich Union, andinternational funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
*Not including mortgage assets
**Morley Fund Management International Limited, an Avivacompany
- Property Week Awards 2004 - Best Property Fund Manager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 - Best Property FundManager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
- Insurance Fund Manager of the Year (awarded to Norwich Union)- Standard and Poor's 2002
- Sustainable and Ethical Investment and Asset Management Award- Liveable City Awards 2002
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found at http://www.morleyfm.com.