Article date: 29 September 2004
Morley Fund Management (‘Morley’), one of theUK’s largest fund managers, has appointed Julian Taylor as anassistant fund manager in its property team. Julian joins on 18October and will report to Ben Stirling, fund manager - EuropeanProperty.
Julian joins from Heitman International where he was a vicepresident in the European Acquisition team since 1999, beinginvolved in over €700 million of property transactions. Hismain focus was Central Europe, however he also operated in theFrench, German, Italian and Spanish markets.
Prior to this he was an associate director in the Central LondonInvestment Team at Weatherall Green and Smith after training atJones Lang Wootton.
At Morley, Julian will work alongside Ben Stirling who was lastmonth appointed to head up Morley’s move into continentalEuropean property. They are charged with rolling out Morley’ssuccessful UK property fund management business into continentalEurope, by teaming up with suitable asset management partnersacross the continent.
In addition to his European responsibilities Julian will beassistant fund manager for the Global Switch Limited Partnership, afund established by Morley in March 2004 that owns a pan-Europeanportfolio of data centre properties.
Commenting on the appointment Ben Stirling, fund manager –European Property at Morley Fund Management, said: "I’mdelighted to welcome Julian to the team. His experience oftransacting in several European markets will be a great asset as weexpand our business into Europe."
For further information please contact:
Fiona Baker,Head of Corporate Communications 020 7809 8617
Morley Fund Management 07736 883 832
Notes to Editors
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management (‘Morley’) is anindependently managed, London based, asset management businesswith over £114 billion* under management (as at 30.06.04). Itactively manages a diverse range of asset classes and employs inthe region of 900 staff worldwide based in London, Singapore andan associate office in Boston**.
- Morley is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Aviva group andmanages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK by Norwich Union, andinternational funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
*Not including mortgage assets
**Morley Fund Management International Limited, an Avivacompany
- The property team at Morley manages in excess of £12 billion ofUK property assets (as at 30.06.04), making Morley one of thelargest property fund managers in the UK. Winners of the highprofile Property Week Fund Manager of the Year Award2004, the team consists of 50 investment professionals andmanages a range of funds, including segregated and pooledpensions as well as 2 retail unit trusts. The funds range acrossstandard and non standard property investments and include,amongst others, a regeneration fund and a PFI fund. Morley hasbeen at the forefront of innovation in property fund managementand has launched 10 specialist sector based funds with partners,including the following Jersey-based Unit Trusts: AshtenneIndustrial Fund, Quercus Healthcare Property, The Junction andThe Mall
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
- Insurance Fund Manager of the Year (awarded to Norwich Union)- Standard and Poor’s 2002
- Sustainable and Ethical Investment and Asset Management Award- Liveable City Awards 2002
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com
Contact us at Morley Fund Management, No 1 Poultry, London EC2R8EJ.