Article date: 14 October 2004
Norwich Union has been chosen by the WestBromwich Building Society to be its exclusive provider of householdinsurance to its customers.
The insurer, which is the UK’s largestprovider of general insurance through corporate partnerships, willunderwrite the building society’s household insurance forthree years from 1 October.
David McMillan, partnerships director at NorwichUnion, said: "The building society sector is very important toNorwich Union and we’ve been impressed with the achievementsof the West Bromwich Building Society in recent years sowe’re delighted to have teamed up with this top 20 buildingsociety."
Paul Field, assistant general manager at WestBromwich Building Society, added: "Norwich Union is already ourchosen partner for life and creditor business and we are verypleased to have cemented this relationship with our householdinsurance business.
"We are looking forward to working with NorwichUnion and developing our range of quality, value-for-moneyhousehold insurance products for our customers."
Jenny Chapman at Norwich Union on 01603 682264 or 07775 822642, orPaul Field at the West Bromwich Building Society on 0870 2207901
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market share ofaround 14 per cent. With a focus on insurance for individualsand small businesses, Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available on the Aviva internet press centre atwww.aviva.com/media
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast -call the press office on 01603 683820