Article date: 19 October 2004
Morley Fund Management, one of the UK’s largest fundmanagers, has appointed four investment professionals across itsdealing, fixed income and socially responsible investment (SRI)teams.
Ian Firth joined Morley as head ofdealing on 14 September and reports to Andrew Hitchings, head ofbusiness management.
Ian is an experienced global equity dealer with expertise in allmajor markets gained from more than 20 years in the investmentindustry. He joins Morley from First State Investments UK Limitedwhere he was head of global equity dealing. He has previouslyworked for Commerzbank Securities, M&G Investment Management,Gartmore Investment and Wood Mackenzie.
Leigh Talbot joinsMorley’s growing credit team as a credit analyst - the fifthnew addition to the team this year.
Leigh joins Morley in November reporting to Caroline Brown, headof credit research. She brings with her over 10 years’experience in credit analysis gained largely in the United States,including four years at Loomis, Sayles and Co. in Boston.
Leigh has spent the last two years as a senior credit analyst inParis covering European industrial credits for CDC IXIS AssetManagement (the parent company of Loomis, Sayles and Co) and hasgained a wide range of experience across both investment grade andhigh yield credit.
Socially Responsible Investment (SRI)
MikeAppleby and Harriet Parker join Morley’s socially responsibleinvestment team as SRI company analysts and will both report toRonnie Lim, SRI head of strategy.
Their role will be to assess the probable financial impact ofcertain social and environmental issues on companies to enhance theSRI team’s stock selection process.
Mike Appleby recently completed an MSc in EnvironmentalManagement at Imperial College, London.
Commenting on these appointments, Katherine Garrett-Cox, chiefinvestment officer at Morley Fund Management, said: "I am delightedwith the calibre of professionals joining Morley’s investmentteam. Their passion and commitment to performance positions Morleywell in these fast-growing segments of the market."
For further information please contact:
Corporate Communications Manager, Morley Fund Management
020 7809 8618
Notes to Editors
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management (‘Morley’) is anindependently managed, London based, asset management businesswith over £114 billion* under management (as at 30.06.04). Itactively manages a diverse range of asset classes and employs inthe region of 900 staff worldwide based in London, Singapore andan associate office in Boston**.
- Morley is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Aviva group andmanages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK by Norwich Union, andinternational funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
*Not including mortgage assets
**Morley Fund Management International Limited, an Avivacompany
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
- Insurance Fund Manager of the Year (awarded to Norwich Union)- Standard and Poor’s 2002
- Sustainable and Ethical Investment and Asset Management Award- Liveable City Awards 2002
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com