Article date: 5 November 2004
Norwich Union is adding private motor capabilityto its e-services trading offer for brokers, available via thee-broking website.
From 1 November, brokers signed up to e-serviceswill be able to obtain quotations and issue new business for cars,vans and motorcycles. The system also allows brokers to makemid-term adjustments, check policy status and issue documentationfrom their own office.
The latest offering provides brokers with theflexibility to issue up to five vehicles on one policy and to issuepolicies for vehicles in company names. New business pricing willmatch the competitive rates already available via full cycleEDI.
The move provides brokers with a full personallines solution to e-trading from Norwich Union. Michele Whittaker,e-broking manager at Norwich Union, said: "Putting brokers incontrol of both household and now motor documentation helps them toprovide a slicker customer service. Being able to produce fullpoint of sale documents and multi-vehicle policies on the spot willalso help them to reap big savings on administration costs.
"We’ve worked hard to ensure thatwe’re providing a simple to use and secure solution tobrokers’ needs, when the broker wants. E-services isavailable 7am until 9pm on weekdays and from 8am until 4pm onSaturdays."
Last month, Norwich Union launched its‘exclusive’ service for brokers, offeringlong-term renewal pricing, advanced underwriting capability andadditional product benefits for household business.
For further information, please contact:
Debbie Wells at Staniforth on 0161 274 0100 or David Ross atNorwich Union on 08703 66 68 65/07786 526350.
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market shareof around 14 per cent
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses, Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available on the Aviva internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media.
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68
Members of the General Insurance Standards Council
Members of the Aviva group