Article date: 8 November 2004
Morley Fund Management (Morley), one of the UK’s largestfund managers, has created two new roles within its investment teamwith the promotion of two equity fund managers.
European equity fund manager Rita Dhut has been appointed ashead of Morley’s European equities team and UK equity fundmanager Lloyd Whitworth has been appointed as the head of the CoreUK equities team.
Rita joined Morley from M&G as European equity fund managerin 2001 and manages a range of institutional funds and an offshorefund. Lloyd joined Morley in June this year to manage life &pension funds and brought 13 years of experience in UK equitiesfrom companies including JP Morgan Fleming Asset Management,Dresdner RCM and Allied Dunbar.
Both will ultimately report to the head of equities once thatappointment is made.
The European equities team manages £3.7 billion of funds forinstitutional, retail and life clients, while the Core UK equitiesteam manages £12.5 billion. In May of this year the UK equitiesteam was split into two: the Core team and the Specialist &Smaller Companies team, to improve focus on delivering betterinvestment performance for clients. David Lis is head of theSpecialist & Smaller Companies team, which runs an additional£2.2 billion.
Katherine Garrett-Cox, chief investment officer of Morley FundManagement, said: "The appointment of Rita and Lloyd to these newroles is another step in creating smaller, focussed and morecollaborative investment teams. Both Rita and Lloyd have shown theleadership we require to drive better performance. They willprovide an important central point of focus and direction for eachteam. This model is already working well for Morley’srecently formed UK Specialist and Small Caps team as well as theSRI and Emerging Markets and Global Equities teams."
Notes to Editors
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management (‘Morley’) is anindependently managed, London based, asset management businesswith over £118 billion* under management (as at 30.09.04). Itactively manages a diverse range of asset classes and employs inthe region of 900 staff worldwide based in London, Singapore andan associate office in Boston**.
- Morley is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Aviva group andmanages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK by Norwich Union, andinternational funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
*Not including mortgage assets
**Morley Fund Management International Limited, an Avivacompany
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
- Insurance Fund Manager of the Year (awarded to Norwich Union)- Standard and Poor’s 2002
- Sustainable and Ethical Investment and Asset Management Award- Liveable City Awards 2002
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com
Contact us at Morley Fund Management, No. 1 Poultry, London EC2R8EJ.
European Equities team members
- Bruno Berry - Joined Morley in 1993
- Mark Denham - Joined Morley in 2003
- Rita Dhut - (Head of European Equity Team) - Joined Morley in2001
- Philip Parker - Joined Morley in 2002
Core UK Equities teammembers
- Martin Cawthorne - Joined Morley in 2004
- Mervyn Douglas - Joined Morley in 2002
- Daniel Roberts - Joined Morley in 2003
- David Shapiro - Joined Morley in 2003
- Lloyd Whitworth - (Head of UK Core Team) - Joined Morley in2004
Specialist & Smaller Companies UKEquities team members
- Ruy Alves - Joined Morley in 2003
- Toby Belsom - Joined Morley in 2000
- David Lis – (Head of Specialist & Smaller CompaniesTeam) - Joined Morley in 1997
- Scott McKenzie - Joined Morley in 1999
- Alex Pedder - Joined Morley in 2001
- Robin West – Joined Morley in 2004