Article date: 19 November 2004
Norwich Union has published a guide to theleisure sector to help brokers gain competitive edge in this fastgrowing, highly diverse market.
Designed to help brokers and intermediariesidentify new business opportunities and tailor bespoke solutionsthrough a comprehensive understanding of risks in this sector, theguide provides a market overview of the leisure, sport andhospitality segments.
Chris Christou, product executive, at NorwichUnion, explains: "The leisure guide is one of a series of focusedmarket guides designed to help intermediaries enter newmarkets.
"The leisure industry has been the fastestgrowing item of household spending in the UK economy for the lasttwenty years, accounting for almost ten percent of total employmentand offering great potential to intermediaries well versed in itsneeds.
"The sector is extremely diverse, which is whythis comprehensive guide will prove a valuable reference tool toissues ranging from kitchen safety and hazardous substances tocrowd control and violence – and will help intermediariesdemonstrate a good understanding of their customer’s businessand develop insurance solutions for their specific needs.
Norwich Union has a specialist team of industryexperts and a large network of underwriters experienced in a widerange of leisure, sport and hospitality industry risks. Allcustomers can access Norwich Union’s risk helpline, legal andtax helpline, 24-hour claims service and preferred suppliers.
Visit www.norwichunion.com/ebrokingor contact Chris Christou at Norwich Union on tel 020 78176097.
For further information, please contact:
Alison Owen at Staniforth on 0161 274 0100 or David Ross at NorwichUnion on 08703 66 68 65/07786 526350.
Notes to editors
Norwich Union Insurance
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market shareof around 14 per cent
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses, Norwich Union insures:
one in five households
one in seven motor vehicles
more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available on the Aviva internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media.
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast.Call the press office on 08703 66 68 68
- For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 6873
- For all other media enquiries 08703 66 68 68
- Members of the General Insurance Standards Council
- Members of the Aviva group