Article date: 24 November 2004
Morley Fund Management, one of the UK’slargest fund managers, has appointed Mark Watts as head of globalfixed income, reporting to Ceris Williams, head of fixed income.The purpose of Mark’s role is to enhance Morley’sglobal aggregate products by harnessing the extensive existingcapabilities of the fixed income team, as well as developing newcapabilities. He joins in January 2005.
Global aggregate products use a combination of government bonds,corporate bonds, currency, emerging markets and other assets tocreate an overarching global fixed income product. Morley’sfixed income team employs 50 professionals across all the fixedincome asset classes and Mark’s focus will be to leveragethese skills to build on its global product offering.
Mark’s hire reinforces Morley’s growing focus on awider range of non-sterling denominated asset classes as a criticalpart of adding value to existing mandates. Three global fixedincome fund managers and a portfolio analyst will report toMark.
Mark joins from Baring Asset Management where hegained 18 years’ fixed income experience. Amongst his rolesat Barings, he was a global fixed income fund manager and head ofUS fixed income based in its Boston office. Mark has fixed incomeexperience across many markets and sectors, including derivatives.Most recently he was head of aggregates at Barings.
Commenting on the appointment, Ceris Williams, head of fixedincome at Morley, said: "We are delighted to appoint Mark as headof global fixed income. His expertise across all fixed income assetclasses and regions, combined with his experience of process andbusiness have provided him with the skills necessary for the role.The development of global aggregate and other non-sterling productsis part of an ongoing commitment to widening our fixed incomeproduct offering for the institutional market, particularly largeand segregated mandates. This will help to consolidate our positionas a premier UK-owned fixed income house."
Morley manages in excess of £54bn* of fixed income assets andemploys 50 fixed income investment professionals, with existingcapability in:
- G7 Sovereign debt
- Sterling, US Dollar and European corporate credit
- High yield
- Emerging Debt
During 2004, Morley has been hiring to reinforce the growth inits business, appointing 8 new investment professionals to thefixed income team.
For further information pleasecontact:
Fiona Baker, Head of CorporateCommunications
Morley Fund Management
tel: 020 7809 8617
mob: 07736 883 832
Notes to Editors
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management (‘Morley’) is anindependently managed, London based, asset management businesswith over £118 billion* under management. It actively manages adiverse range of asset classes and employs in the region of 900staff worldwide based in London, Singapore and an associate officein Boston**.
- Morley is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Aviva group andmanages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK by Norwich Union, andinternational funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
*Not including mortgage assets, as at 30.9.04
**Morley Fund Management International Limited,an Aviva company
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
- Insurance Fund Manager of the Year (awarded to Norwich Union)- Standard and Poor’s 2002
- Sustainable and Ethical Investment and Asset Management Award- Liveable City Awards 2002
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com