Article date: 25 November 2004
Two hundred new jobs are being created inNorwich Union’s call centre in Perth.
The increase will almost triple the number ofstaff at the Pitheavlis call centre which deals with customers whohave taken out insurance through the insurer's relationship withsupermarket ASDA.
Recruiting for the full and part-time customeradvisors is currently under way and the roles offer competitivesalaries plus bronze, silver and gold reward bands which staff canachieve as their skills develop.
The additional jobs have been created to servicethe needs of customers who have bought insurance polices throughASDA.
Kay Martin, head of ASDA at Norwich Union, said: "This is greatnews for Perth and will see the number of our call centre stafftriple as we help ASDA to grow its general insurance business evenmore.
"Norwich Union is a key provider of general insurance productsthrough corporate partnerships and this expansion shows that wecontinue to go from strength to strength."
Gev Lynott, ASDA’s director of financialservices, added: "Two hundred jobs is certainly fantastic news forthe area. It’s also an illustration of how popular ASDAgeneral insurance is proving to be."
ASDA has been selling general insurance products since March2003 and currently offers home, motor, travel and petinsurance.
The creation of 200 jobs in Perth reiteratesNorwich Union’s commitment to one of its key locations in theUK.
Norwich Union’s corporate partnershipsbusiness is headquartered in Perth, and the site currently has aworkforce of 1,400 Norwich Union staff.
Anyone wanting to find out more about the roles available at thecall centre should visit www.norwichunion.com/careersand search under ‘Perth’ or call Norwich Union’srecruitment partner on 0870 700 0114.
Another appointment in Perth
IanFerguson, who is based in Perth, has been appointed as director ofunderwriting for Norwich Union. Previously director of partnershipservices, Ian has wide insurance and management experience, havingheld positions at General Accident and CGU, and played a major rolein the integration of Commercial Union and General Accident. CGUand Norwich Union merged in 2000.
Ian’s appointment brings another key areaof the general insurance business to Perth.
Louise Zucchi at Norwich Union on 01603 684506 or 07800 699664.
Notes to editors
About Norwich Union
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer with a marketshare of around 14 per cent.
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and small businesses,Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available from Aviva’s internet press centre atwww.aviva.com/media
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast. Callthe press office on 08703 66 68 68
- For all life & pensions media enquiries call 08703 66 68 73
- For all other media enquiries call 08703 66 68 68
- Members of the General Insurance Standards Council
- Members of the Aviva group