Article date: 20 December 2004
Norwich Union has been chosen by Leeds &Holbeck Building Society as its sole provider of generalinsurance.
The UK’s largest general insurer willbecome the sole provider for Leeds & Holbeck’s household,creditor and motor insurance for three years from January 1,2005.
David McMillan, corporate partnerships directorat Norwich Union, said: "We have a strong relationship with Leeds& Holbeck that goes back more than 30 years, and are delightedto continue and build upon this on an exclusive basis.
"It’s great to know we were awarded thecontract based on our excellent customer service track record,competitive pricing, and the ability to help Leeds & Holbeckexpand its general insurance business.
"This deal maintains Norwich Union’s focus on key buildingsocieties which we believe have a great future and an opportunityto expand. Norwich Union currently has relationships with 19 of thetop 20 building societies."
Ian Ward, chief executive, Leeds & Holbeck, commented on thedeal: "This general insurance partnership with the UK’slargest insurer will allow us to offer our members greater value ona wider range of insurance products.
"We can now deliver a more focused approach and a simplifiedclaims process which, combined with our determination to improveproducts and prices, demonstrates our commitment to improving thevalue and service we give to our members."
Erik Nelson at Norwich Union on 01603 682264 or 07989 427086.
Notes to editors
About Norwich Union
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer with a marketshare of around 14 per cent.
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and small businesses,Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available from Aviva’s internet press centre atwww.aviva.com/media
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast. Callthe press office on 08703 66 68 68
- For all life & pensions media enquiries call 08703 66 68 73
- Members of the General Insurance Standards Council
- Members of the Aviva group