Article date: 29 December 2004
Norwich Union has bolstered its online risk management tool kitfor fleet managers with a range of extra services.
Aimed at companies with fleets of three vehicles or more, thenew services within "Roadsense" cover some of the most basic– but often overlooked – elements of sound commercialmotor risk management.
These include driver licence checking; vehicle securityinformation; risk management and legal advice; vehicle inspectionand driver training tools.
Mark Keavney, Norwich Union’s commercial motor productmanager, says: "In line with our market leading approach, we wantedto make a much wider selection of essential services available tomotor fleets.
"Driver licence checks are vital if a company is going to adhereto its duty of care responsibilities and avoid any potential legalimplications. So, we have taken away the hassle by creating amechanism to check staff driving licences via the DVLA.
"By teaming up with insurance industry research centre,Thatcham, we are also providing a freephone helpline for fleetmanagers and drivers to obtain advice on how to improve vehiclesecurity.
"Free legal advice is available to policyholders via a telephoneservice and risk management information through our onlineoccupational road risk guide, which covers risk issues relating todrivers, journeys and vehicles."
Roadsense also offers a pre- and post-purchase vehicleinspection service to check that fleet vehicles are safe androadworthy. An accident camera kit also allows drivers to create aninstant pictorial record of an incident and the circumstancessurrounding it.
Visit the Roadsense web site at: www.norwichunion.com/roadsense
For further information, please contact: JonClements at Staniforth on 0161 274 0100 /07989 414486 or David Rossat Norwich Union on 08703 66 68 65 /07786 526350.
Notes to editors
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market shareof around 14 per cent
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses, Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich UnionDirect.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available on the Aviva internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast.Call the press office on 08703 666865
For all life & pensions media enquiries 08703 66 68 73
Members of the General Insurance Standards Council
Members of the Aviva group