Article date: 5 January 2005
Norwich Union confirms that it will beannouncing its with-profits regular bonus rates and payout valuesfor existing policyholders on Tuesday 18 January 2005.
Norwich Union can also confirm that the regularbonus rates payable on new unitised with-profits policies in 2005will be maintained at the following rates until further notice.
- Life and investment policies 4.25%
- Pension policies 4.00%
- Stakeholder pensions 3.50%
These are explicit charged policies, with thebonus rate being expressed as a gross rate before deduction of the1% annual fund management charge.
Peter Hales, sales and marketing director ofNorwich Union, said: "Through maintaining regular bonus rates fornew unitised policies, combined with the current first year finalbonus rate of 1.75% on life policies, we believe that ourwith-profit policies remain a good long-term investment for newinvestors looking for a balanced portfolio."
Press office contacts:
James Evans01904 452791 07800 699525
Louise Soulsby 01904 452617 07800 699526
Notes to Editors
- Future bonus rates are not guaranteed and may vary. Pastperformance is not a guide to the future.
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. It is a leadingprovider of life, pensions and investment products and one ofthe leading IFA providers. IFAs provide around 75% of thecompany’s long-term savings business. Norwich Union hasstrategic alliances with building societies and other leading UKbrand names including Tesco Personal Finance and The Royal Bankof Scotland Group.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available from Aviva's internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media