Article date: 24 January 2005
Norwich Union has launched a guide to theprofessional risks sector to share its expertise across a hugerange of professions with brokers and intermediaries.
Designed as a series of mini-guides to helpbrokers identify new business opportunities through understandingdiverse professional sectors, it provides a market overview of arange of risks, including professional indemnity, directors andofficers liability, employee dishonesty, latent defects, bonds andcontingency products.
Matt Frost, product manager at Norwich Union,explains: "The number of people seeking professional advice andservices is on the increase. As people become more aware of theirlegal rights and less tolerant of poor service, they will seek tohold their advisers accountable if something goes wrong –meaning professionals are vulnerable to being sued for professionalnegligence.
"The guide gives intermediaries an insight tomarket forces that affect their customers and exploresopportunities to cross-sell or move into new markets."
"Norwich Union has a specialist team of industryexperts and a large network of underwriters experienced in a widerange of professional risks. All customers can access NorwichUnion’s risk helpline, legal and tax helpline and preferredsuppliers.
For further information on Norwich Union’sprofessional risks capability, please visit www.norwichunion.com/ebroking.
For further information, please contact:
Jon Clements at Staniforth on 0161 274 0100 or David Ross atNorwich Union on 01603 682730/07786 526350.
Notes to editors
Norwich Union Insurance
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market shareof around 14 per cent
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses, Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England No99122. Registered office: 8 Surrey Street, Norwich, NR1 3NG
- Authorised and regulated by the Financial ServicesAuthority
- Members of the Aviva group