Article date: 11 February 2005
Morley Fund Management, one of the UK’s largest fundmanagers, has expanded its institutional team by appointing a headof strategic consultant relations and a head of clientcommunication.
Head of strategic consultant relations
Morley has appointed Angus Scrace as head of strategic consultantrelations. Angus will lead Morley’s Consultant RelationsTeam, reporting to Alistair Morrison, managing director ofinstitutional.
Angus brings 19 years experience in the accounting andinvestment industry in the UK. He joins Morley from FidelityInvestments where he was a director and head of the ConsultantRelationships Team. Prior to Fidelity, Angus was at Coopers &Lybrand where he was head of national communications.
Head of client communication
Morley has also appointed John Somers as head of clientcommunication, reporting to Paul Waters, head of relationshipmanagement. John joins Morley from Invesco Perpetual where he wasinvestment information manager and provided marketing support forInvesco UK’s retail, institutional and offshorebusinesses.
Alistair Morrison said: "Angus and John willbring in valuable experience, passion and energy to these new roleswithin Morley’s institutional team – helping us to meetthe ambitious targets which we have set for ourselves in improvingthe quality of our service to clients and in winning new businessin the consultant-intermediated institutional marketplace."
For further information please contact:
MoninaVillaroman, Corporate Communications Manager 020 7809 8618
Morley Fund Management
Notes to Editors
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management (‘Morley’) is anindependently managed, London based, asset management businesswith over £128 billion* under management (as at 31.12.04). Itactively manages a diverse range of asset classes and employs inthe region of 200 investment professionals based in London,Singapore and an associate office in Boston**.
- Morley is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Aviva Group andmanages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK by Norwich Union, andinternational funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
*Not including mortgage assets
**Morley Fund Management International Limited, an Avivacompany
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
- Insurance Fund Manager of the Year (awarded to Norwich Union)- Standard and Poor’s 2002
- Sustainable and Ethical Investment and Asset Management Award- Liveable City Awards 2002
- Further information about Morley Fund Management can be foundat www.morleyfm.com