Article date: 4 March 2005
The Lipper Fund Awards 2005 in Singapore have awarded MorleyFund Management best equity emerging markets global fund over bothone and five years. Niall Paul and his team in London manage theAviva Emerging Countries Equity Fund, which has delivered 24.5% in2004 and a cumulative return of 18% over five years (datasource: Lipper Hindsight calculations on total return basis to endof 31 December 2004).
The Lipper Fund Awards 2005 highlights funds that have excelledin delivering consistently strong risk-adjusted performance,relative to peers. The presentation of the Singapore Edge-Lipperawards was held on 24 February 2005 in Singapore’s TowerClub. To view the Lipper Fund Awards winners list, please visitwww.lipperweb.com.
Niall Paul said: "I am delighted that Edge-Lipper has chosen torecognise the fund’s recent and long-term out performance.One of our key investment themes in 2004 was to avoid the Russianoil giant Yukos as it slipped towards bankruptcy, whilstidentifying early the potential for high returns away from theheadlines in converging Europe. We continue to find many excitingopportunities in our asset class and look forward to generatingfurther solid gains for our investors."
For further information please contact:
MoninaVillaroman, Corporate Communications Manager 020 7809 8618
Morley Fund Management
Notes to editors
The Lipper Fund Awards 2005 program highlights funds that haveexcelled in delivering consistently strong risk-adjustedperformance, relative to peers.
The Lipper Fund Awards are awarded to funds in 17 countries inAsia, Europe, and the United States. The award-winning funds areamong the 125,000 funds Lipper tracks globally.
Lipper strives to make the list of award-winning funds and fundfamilies easily available to investors and advisors. In addition,they do not charge funds to promote the awards to current andpotential shareholders, or to advisors.
Lipper designates award-winning funds in most individualclassifications for the three-, five-, and ten-year periods. Inaddition, the Lipper Fund Awards 2005 program spotlights fundfamilies with high average scores for all funds within a particularasset class or overall.
The Aviva Funds Emerging Countries Equity Fund invests inemerging market equities and was launched 4 November 1993.
The fund manager is Niall Paul who has more than tenyears of investment experience and is Head of Emerging Markets. Hejoined Morley Fund Management in 1999, after four years withForeign & Colonial Emerging Markets as a fund manager. He holdsa BEng in civil engineering from the University of Liverpool and isan Associate of the Institute of Investment Management andResearch.
Niall Paul, head of emerging markets, ensures that the emergingmarket funds surpass their performance objectives. He oversees adisciplined investment process within the fund and implements topdown asset allocation models.
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management (‘Morley’) is anindependently managed, London based, asset management businesswith over £128 billion* under management (as at 31.12.04). Itactively manages a diverse range of asset classes and employs inthe region of 200 investment professionals based in London,Singapore and an associate office in Boston**.
- Morley is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Aviva Group andmanages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK by Norwich Union, andinternational funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
*Not including mortgage assets
**Morley Fund Management International Limited, an Avivacompany
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
- Insurance Fund Manager of the Year (awarded to Norwich Union)- Standard and Poor’s 2002
- Sustainable and Ethical Investment and Asset Management Award- Liveable City Awards 2002
- Further information about Morley Fund Management can be foundat www.morleyfm.com
- Contact us at Morley Fund Management, No. 1 Poultry, LondonEC2R 8EJ.