Article date: 17 March 2005
Gaining a competitive edge in the property insurance market hasbeen made easier for brokers with the launch of a new guide fromNorwich Union.
"Property Owners: Developing the Portfolio" provides acomprehensive overview of the sector and current market conditions,aimed at helping intermediaries identify new business opportunitiesand provide risk management advice.
Mervyn Harris, product manager for property owners at Norwich Unionexplains: "The property owners' guide is one of a series ofmarket-focused information tools produced to help intermediariesgain an in-depth understanding of key sectors, the latest being forthe property owners' market.
"The property owners' insurance sector is a large and diversepart of the UK economy. There are many factors which influence anddrive the segment, and understanding them and their implicationscan offer great potential for identifying lucrative businessopportunities.
"There is also a summary of the key elements of our cover tohelp intermediaries use the Norwich Union product set to maximumeffect."
In addition to the property owners' product range, Norwich Unionhas a specialist team of industry experts and a large network ofunderwriters experienced in property owners' risks. The risks canbe as diverse as an individual owner with a single property, to abusiness with many hundreds of tenanted properties in theirownership.
All customers can access Norwich Union's risk helpline, legaland tax helpline, 24-hour claims service and preferred suppliersdiscount scheme. Visit www.norwichunion.com or contactMervyn Harris at Norwich Union on telephone 020 7817 6102.
For further information, please contact:
Clare Schofield at Staniforth on 0161 274 0100 or David Ross atNorwich Union on 01603 682730/07800 699665.
Notes to editors:
Norwich Union Insurance
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market shareof around 13 per cent
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses, Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Authorised and regulated by the Financial ServicesAuthority.
- Members of the Aviva group.