Article date: 21 March 2005
Morley Fund Management, one of the UK’slargest fund managers, has made two appointments to its strategyand economics team. Stewart Robertson has been appointed senioreconomist – UK and Europe and James Kenney has been appointedas a derivatives analyst.
Stewart joined on 15 March from Lombard StreetResearch where he was head of UK service. He joined the firm in1993 as an economist and progressed to join the company’sboard by 1998. At Morley, Stewart will report to Adrian Jarvis,head of strategy, and will be responsible for providing economicresearch on UK and European markets to Morley’s 200investment professionals and play a key role in the development ofMorley's asset allocation stance for £75bn of TAA clients.
Prior to his position at Lombard Street Research, Stewart workedat Coopers & Lybrand as a management consultant and Unilever asa market economist.
James Kenney joined in February from MercerInvestment Consulting and reports to Tom Wills, derivatives fundmanager within the Strategy team. James will be responsible forday-to-day fund management issues relating to derivatives.
The addition of this new role reflects the increased use ofderivatives at Morley due to regulatory changes within collectiveinvestment schemes (UCITS III) and the life insurance industrycombined with a growing acceptance among clients of using new toolsin a challenging low-yield environment.
Commenting on the appointments, Adrian Jarvis, head of strategyat Morley Fund Management, said: "These appointments will addfurther strength in the key areas of top-down research andderivatives usage, both critical to meeting the growing demand forasset allocation solutions."
For further information pleasecontact:
Laura Cook, Corporate CommunicationsExecutive 020 7809 8125
Morley Fund Management firstname.lastname@example.org
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management (‘Morley’) is anindependently managed, London based, asset management businesswith over £128 billion* under management (as at 31.12.04). Itactively manages a diverse range of asset classes and employs inthe region of 200 investment professionals based in London,Singapore and an associate office in Boston**.
- Morley is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Aviva Group andmanages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK by Norwich Union, andinternational funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
*Not including mortgage assets
**Morley Fund Management International Limited, an Avivacompany
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
- Insurance Fund Manager of the Year (awarded to Norwich Union)- Standard and Poor’s 2002
- Sustainable and Ethical Investment and Asset Management Award- Liveable City Awards 2002
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com