Article date: 22 March 2005
The Norwich Distribution Fund has been awarded an‘A’ rating from Standard & Poor’s Fund RatingService. The £78m fund is managed by Roger Webb and Scott McKenzieof Morley Fund Management.
The Norwich Distribution Fund is invested 60% in corporate bondsand 40% in UK equities and aims to provide a high and growing levelof income with prospects for long term capital appreciation. To theend February 2005, the Fund had outperformed its sector over 1, 3,5 and 10 years*.
Commenting on the fund rating, Katherine Garrett-Cox, chiefinvestment officer at Morley Fund Management, said: "This award isgreat testament to our strengths in managing both equities andfixed income assets. Standard & Poor’s were particularlyimpressed by the Distribution Fund’s well thought out processand depth of resources."
Neil Davies, head of investment at Norwich Union, said: "This isgood news and recognises the strength of the Norwich DistributionFund. The Distribution Fund can be a good option for cautiousinvestors because it invests in a mix of assets and aims to providean attractive income with the prospect for capital and incomegrowth in the future delivered through a highly diversifiedportfolio to reduce volatility exposure."
*Source: Lipper Hindsight, Calculation Basis: NAV to NAV, netincome re-invested XD date
For further information please contact:
Laura Cook,corporate communications executive, 020 7809 8125
Morley Fund Management Laura.email@example.com
David Gwyer, media relations manager, 01904 452828
Norwich Union firstname.lastname@example.org
Norwich Distribution Fund
Fund Managers: Roger Webb(Fixed Income) and Scott McKenzie (UK Equities)
Fund Size: £78.4m
Initial Charge: 4%
IMA Sector: Cautious Managed
For fund Information, dealing and administration call 0800 5874563
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management (‘Morley’) is anindependently managed, London based, asset management businesswith over £128 billion* under management (as at 31.12.04). Itactively manages a diverse range of asset classes and employs inthe region of 200 investment professionals based in London,Singapore and an associate office in Boston**.
- Morley is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Aviva Group andmanages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK by Norwich Union, andinternational funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
*Not including mortgage assets
**Morley Fund Management International Limited, an Avivacompany
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
- Insurance Fund Manager of the Year (awarded to Norwich Union)- Standard and Poor’s 2002
- Sustainable and Ethical Investment and Asset Management Award- Liveable City Awards 2002
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com