Article date: 23 March 2005
Morley Fund Management’s Sustainable FuturesCorporate Bond Fund has been awarded first place over one year inthe UK Marketed Fixed Income Corporate sector at the Standard &Poor’s Fund Awards 2005.
The £99m fund, managed on socially responsibleinvestment (SRI) criteria, was ranked top amongst a field of 92mainstream corporate bond funds at an awards ceremony last night(22 March). This is the second year in succession that the fund haswon this award.
Fixed income fund manger Mark Gull has managed SustainableFutures Corporate Bond Fund since it launched in February 2001. Thefund has returned 8.52% over one year and 5.64% pa sinceinception*.
Fixed income fund manager Mark Gull said: "I am delighted thatStandard & Poor’s has chosen to award the MorleySustainable Futures Corporate Bond Fund for its low volatility andperformance compared to its peers. The Fund is run on a sociallyresponsible investment basis and this award demonstrates you neednot sacrifice investment performance in order to invest accordingto your principles."
*source: LIPPER Hindsight, calculation basis: Bid to Bid, netincome re-invested XD Date, GBP
Past performance is not a guide to the future
For further information please contact:
MoninaVillaroman, Corporate Communications Manager 020 7809 8618
Morley Fund Management
Notes to editors
Morley Fund Management
- Morley Fund Management (‘Morley’) is anindependently managed, London based, asset management businesswith over £128 billion* under management (as at 31.12.04). Itactively manages a diverse range of asset classes and employs inthe region of 200 investment professionals based in London,Singapore and an associate office in Boston**.
- Morley is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Aviva Group andmanages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK by Norwich Union, andinternational funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
*Not including mortgage assets
**Morley Fund Management International Limited, an Avivacompany
- Lipper Fund Awards 2005 - Best equity emerging markets globalfund over both one and five years.
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
- Insurance Fund Manager of the Year (awarded to Norwich Union)- Standard and Poor’s 2002
- Sustainable and Ethical Investment and Asset Management Award- Liveable City Awards 2002
- Further information about Morley Fund Management can be foundat www.morleyfm.com
- This document is intended for institutional or professionalinvestors and professional advisers only. Private investors orscheme members should seek professional advice before making adecision to invest.
- Contact us at Morley Fund Management, No. 1 Poultry, LondonEC2R 8EJ.