Article date: 23 March 2005
Norwich Union is bolstering its presence in the Group PersonalAccident arena with the appointment of 12 regional underwritingspecialists.
The 12 will act as a focal point for GPA enquiries and will haveoverall responsibility for growing the business throughout the UK,in conjunction with the specialist GPA unit in London.
Paul Murphy, Norwich Union’s underwriting manager –casualty specialist classes, said: "We are serious about developingthis class of business within the regions, and felt it wasimportant to demonstrate this by having experts on the ground.
"The GPA specialism is an additional role for the 12underwriters and they will become custodians of all technicalunderwriting matters relating to it.
"We feel that customers treat GPA as a luxury purchase or do notreally understand its value. Working closely with our regionalbrokers, we aim to change these perceptions and help brokers toaccess this largely untapped source of revenue."
For further information, please contact:
Jon Clements at Staniforth on 0161 274 0100/ 07989 414486 or DavidRoss at Norwich Union on 01603 682730/ 07800 699665.
Notes to editors
Norwich Union Insurance
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market shareof around 13 per cent
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses, Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Authorised and regulated by the Financial ServicesAuthority
- Members of the Aviva group