Article date: 4 April 2005
Morley Fund Management, one of the UK’s largest fundmanagers, has made two appointments to its global equities team.Both John Wilson and Nicole Mardell have joined Morley as globalequity analysts.
John brings 18 years of investment experience and joins Morleyfrom HSBC Asset Management in Tokyo where he was a senior fundmanager. Nicole Mardell brings five years investment experience andjoins Morley from First State Investments in London where she was aglobal equities analyst.
Both will be responsible for equity research focussing onspecific companies as determined by the team’s investmentthemes. At present our global equity funds concentrate on fourthemes, namely: competitive advantage, restructuring, misallocationof capital and redistribution of wealth.
Michael Jennings, Head of the Global Equity Team, said:"Unconstrained by geographical restrictions, our global equityfunds do not buy companies because they are listed on a certainmarket or in a certain sector, but because we believe there arefundamental reasons why they will outperform. John and Nicole willgreatly enhance our research capability to identify thesefundamental characteristics and add further depth to our thematicdiscipline."
For further information pleasecontact:
Corporate Communications Manager
020 7809 8618
Morley Fund Management
Morley Global Theme Fund
InvestmentObjective & Policy: To provide long term capital appreciationthrough investment in a well diversified portfolio of internationalstocks. The Investment Manager will identify core themes that areconsidered to offer attractive long term investment opportunitiesto shareholders, and the Fund will be invested in accordance withthese themes. The themes will be kept under review and may changeperiodically at the discretion of the Investment Manager. There isno restriction by geography or industrial sector.
Morley Global Theme Fund Facts
Fund Manager: MichaelJennings (Joined Morley October 2001).
Fund Size: £19.4m
No. of Holdings: 58
Launch Date: 28 January 2002
Distribution Dates: 31 March/30 September
IMA Sector: Global Growth
Price: 45.79p (Share Class 1); 70.33p (Share Class 2)
Minimum Initial Investment: £5,000 (Share Class 1); £500,000 (ShareClass 2)
Initial Charge: 5% (Share Class 1); 0% (Share Class 2)
Annual Management Charge: 1.5% (Share Class 1); 0.75% (Share Class2)
All figures quoted are as at 28 February 2005 unless otherwisestated.
Top three holdings per theme (%)
1. Misallocation of Capital
Credit Suisse Group 2.9
Atlas Copco 2.8
3. Redistribution of Wealth
4. Competitive Advantage
General Electric 2.8
- Morley Fund Management (‘Morley’) is anindependently managed, London based, asset management businesswith over £128 billion* under management (as at 31.12.04). Itactively manages a diverse range of asset classes and employs inthe region of 200 investment professionals based in London,Singapore and an associate office in Boston**.
- Morley is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Aviva Group andmanages both institutional and retail funds under the Morleybrand. It also acts as investment manager for a range of retailinvestment funds, marketed in the UK by Norwich Union, andinternational funds marketed under the Aviva Funds brand.
*Not including mortgage assets
**Morley Fund Management International Limited, an Avivacompany
- Property Week Awards 2004 – Best Property FundManager
- Pensions Management Provider Awards 2003 – Best PropertyFund Manager
- Fund Manager of the Year - Pensions Week Awards 2002
- Specialist Manager of the Year - UK Pensions Awards 2002
- Insurance Fund Manager of the Year (awarded to Norwich Union)- Standard and Poor’s 2002
- Sustainable and Ethical Investment and Asset Management Award- Liveable City Awards 2002
Further information about Morley Fund Management can be found atwww.morleyfm.com