Article date: 22 April 2005
Norwich Union has launched a risk management guide specificallyfor brokers to help them with their own business continuityplanning.
The "Business Continuity Planning and Self Assessment Guide forInsurance Brokers" is a free guide, produced to help brokers getback to business with the minimum of disruption in the event of anemergency.
The guide provides examples of the causes of interruption thatmight be faced – such as a fire, theft or computer virus - aswell as a checklist of the items that should be included in anyrecovery plan. In addition, there are blank templates to allow thebroker to create bespoke plans for disaster recovery.
Brian Wallace, head of risk services for Norwich Union, said:"The FSA recently highlighted the lack of business continuityplanning by some brokers as an area for concern.
"This guide is a comprehensive pack designed to help brokerseasily understand the action plans they need to instigate so thatshould a disaster occur, they can get their business back on trackwith the minimum of delay.
"Effective planning can make a big difference to the likelihoodof the business surviving a major incident and this guide has beendesigned to help simplify the process."
A copy of the free guide can be downloaded from http://www.nuebroking.com/risk-services/business-continuity.htmor contact the Norwich Union Risk helpline 0845 366 6666.
Press office contacts:
Sally Leeman 01603684225/07800 699670
About Norwich Union Insurance
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market shareof around 13 per cent
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses, Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct
- Norwich Union's news releases and a selection of images areavailable on the Aviva internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast.Call the press office on 01603 684 506
- For all life and pensions media enquiries James Evans 01904452659
- For all other media enquiries Louise Zucchi 01603 684 506
Norwich Union Insurance Limited Registered in England No 99122.Registered office: 8 Surrey Street, Norwich, NR1 3NG
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
Members of the Aviva group