Article date: 29 April 2005
Norwich Union has extended its long relationshipwith Skipton Building Society with a three-year contract to providehousehold and creditor insurance.
The UK’s largest general insurer hasprovided insurance services to Skipton for over 20 years. DavidMcMillan, partnerships director at Norwich Union, said: "We have astrong partnership with Skipton and have worked closely with themto develop their insurance services business. We are of coursedelighted to enter into this new phase of our relationship withthem through this three-year contract.
"This deal maintains Norwich Union’s focuson key building societies which we believe have a great future andan opportunity to expand."
David Harvey, head of insurance at Skipton,commented: "Norwich Union, like Skipton, is known and trusted forits advice, products and service. I am delighted that ourpartnership will continue for a further three years, providing ourmembers with comprehensive household protection."
Erik Nelson at Norwich Union on 01603 682264 or 07989 427086.
About Norwich Union Insurance
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market share ofaround 13 per cent
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and small businesses,Norwich Union insures:
- one in five households
- one in seven motor vehicles
- more than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union's news releases and a selection of images areavailable on the Aviva internet press centre atwww.aviva.com/media.
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast. Callthe press office on 01603 68 22 64
- For all life and pensions media enquiries James Evans 01904452659
- For all other media enquiries Louise Zucchi 01603 684 506