Article date: 18 May 2005
32 funds added to Portfolio bond and Forecastportfolio planning tool launched
Norwich Union is making a series of improvementsto its investments products. On 23 May the company will:
- Add 32 funds to the range of funds available through itsPortfolio investment bond
- Launch Forecast, an online portfolio planning tool designed tohelp advisers find the right portfolio mix for their clients
- Launch a range of manager of managers funds. (See separatepress release).
Expanding the Portfolio fund range meanscustomers will be able to invest in a further two internal, fourmanager of managers funds, and 26 external funds from leading fundmanagers including Fidelity, Gartmore, BGI, Jupiter, New Star,Investec and Newton. (See notes to editors). The new fund additionswill ensure Portfolio offers a choice of investment styles acrossall major asset classes.
Forecast is designed to make portfolio planningeasier and provide advisers with assistance in making portfoliorecommendations for customers. It was developed in conjunction withDecisionsDecisions, a provider of online financial planningplatforms, and will:
- Show the benefits of financial planning and demonstrate how aplanned portfolio can produce better returns than an unplannedportfolio
- Encourage clients to spread investments through a range ofholdings and sectors
- Educate investors about the impacts of portfolio changes andhow this might affect risks and return
Neil Davies, head of investments at NorwichUnion, said: "The key to successful investing is robust portfolioplanning, but delivering the portfolio recommendations that clientsneed can be time-consuming and complex for advisers. More choicefor consumers can mean more administration and research foradvisers. Forecast can make this job easier for IFAs.
"More than 100 funds are now available throughPortfolio and Norwich Union is determined to give advisers thehigh-quality information and tools needed to make effectivedecisions on behalf of clients. Forecast will help advisers buildbespoke investment portfolios for clients while easing thecompliance burden by assisting in keeping an audit trail."
Press office contacts:
David Gwyer 01904 452828 Out of hours 07800 699508
Rob Pell 01904 452659 Out of hours 07800 699563
Louise Soulsby 01904 452617 Out of hours 07800 699526
Notes to editors
Portfolio offers a flexible way to investfor growth or income. Its minimum investment is £5,000 andinvestors can choose to put their money in a selection of cash,bond, property, distribution, equity and with-profit funds, whichare run by Norwich Union and other fund managers.
The new funds available on Portfolio are:
- Norwich Union Income Manager of Managers, Norwich Union GrowthManager of Managers, Norwich Union Balanced Manager of Managers,Norwich Union Cautious Manager of Managers, Norwich World Leadersand Norwich Property Investment Fund
- BGI American Growth, BGI UK Growth
- Fidelity American, Fidelity Special Situations, FidelityEuropean, Fidelity Japan, Fidelity MoneyBuilder Income
- Gartmore Emerging Market Opportunities, Gartmore ChinaOpportunities, Gartmore Cautious Managed
- Invesco Perpetual Corporate Bond
- Investec American, Investec Cautious Managed
- Jupiter High Income , Jupiter Undervalued Assets, JupiterFinancial Opportunities
- Newton International Bond, Newton Managed, Newton Oriental,Newton Higher Income
- New Star Higher Income, New Star Managed Distribution, NewStar Sterling Bond, New Star UK Alpha
- Schroder UK Alpha Plus, Schroder Mid 250
About the Forecast portfolio planningtool
Forecast will help advisers assess theirclient’s attitude to risk and allow them to choose the bestinvestment strategy to meet their financial needs. IFAs shouldspeak to their Norwich Union consultant for details.
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer. It is the UK'slargest provider of life, pensions and investment products and oneof the leading IFA providers. IFAs provide around 75% of thecompany's long-term savings business in the UK.
- Norwich Union has strategic alliances with building societiesand other leading UK brand names including Tesco Personal Financeand The Royal Bank of Scotland Group. Norwich Union’s newsreleases and a selection of images are available from Aviva'sinternet press centre at www.aviva.com/media.