Article date: 21 July 2005
Norwich Union Insurance has signed a newfive-year contract with ASDA for motor, travel and householdinsurance, extending their working relationship for an additionalthree years through to December 2009.
The new contract will see a renewed marketingpush promoting ASDA’s range of insurance products withNorwich Union Insurance to its 13 million customers throughout its279 stores.
Norwich Union will handle the full range ofmotor, travel and home insurance services for ASDA, includingsales, underwriting, administration, customer service and claimshandling. ASDA customers can find out details of ASDA insuranceproducts at their local store, and can purchase via telephone andonline at www.asda.co.uk.
Norwich Union’s relationship with ASDA hasbeen extremely successful since the retailer launched its generalinsurance portfolio to customers in March 2003. NorwichUnion’s ASDA call centre in Perth has grown significantlyover the last six months and by the end of 2005, over 350staff will be dedicated to providing sales and service to ASDAcustomers.
As part of ASDA’s "Every Day Low Prices"promise to its customers, a new service called ASDA Price Searchhas been launched with broker BDML Connect Limited. ASDA PriceSearch will help secure the best deal for those motor and householdcustomers that do not fit Norwich Union criteria.
David McMillan, director of corporatepartnerships, commented on the deal, "We are delighted to extendour relationship with ASDA. Building on our recent success withBarclays, this confirms our position of partner of choice for theUK’s best brands. This new contract will be meaningful forboth parties, as we make a greater push to reach ASDA’ssignificant customer base."
Gev Lynott, director of financial services forASDA said: "This is fantastic news for customers. By workingclosely with Norwich Union over the next few years, we can extendour commitment to continue to deliver everyday low prices toBritain’s motorists, home owners and jet-setters alike."
Further information is available bycalling Erik Nelson at Norwich Union Press Office on 01603 682264and 07989 427086 or Sian Horner, ASDA Press Office on 0113 2419012.
About Norwich Union Insurance
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market share ofaround 13 per cent
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and small businesses,Norwich Union insures:
- One in five households
- One in seven motor vehicles
- More than 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Norwich Union's news releases and a selection of images areavailable on the Aviva internet press centre atwww.aviva.com/media.
- An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast. Callthe press office on 01603 682264
- ASDA offers a range of insurance products, including motor,travel, home, pet, level and decreasing term life insurance, aswell as a credit and store card and a Child Trust Fund. Forfurther details, please call:
- Motor, Home, Travel 0845 300 7150
- Life 0845 600 2732
- Credit and store card 0870 125 2552
- Child Trust Fund 0500 100 055
- Details of ASDA’s full financial services offering arealso available in all of its 279 stores or online at www.asda.com
About BDML Connect Limited
- BDML Connect Limited is a leading general insuranceintermediary and third party administrator specialising inpersonal lines solutions for affinity clients.
- BDML Connect is a wholly owned subsidiary of BDML Group
- BDML Group consists of: Ultimate Insurance Solutions, SabreInsurance Company and BDML Connect Ltd
- BDML Group has been recognised with placements in the 2004 and2005 Sunday Times Fast Track 100, 24th and 26th placerespective, and has been awarded 1st place in 2005 Sunday TimesProfit Track 100, having been 3rd in 2004.
- Profit Track 100 ranks Britain's fastest-growing medium-sizedcompanies by profit growth over their last three years.
- BDML Connect employ over 400 people based at its head officein Hampshire.
- Additional information on BDML Group can be found at www.bdml.co.uk
tel: 023 9265 6845
fax: 087 0606 1382
BDML Connect Ltd, The Connect Centre, Kingston Crescent,Portsmouth, Hants, PO2 8QL