Norwich Union further increases investment in Lifetime

Article date: 8 August 2005

Norwich Union has increased its investment inLifetime Group from 71.3% to 97.4% through acquiring the totalremaining shareholding previously held by The Millfield Group.Norwich Union’s further investment of £9 million brings itstotal investment to £32 million. The remaining 2.6% of the sharesare owned by some of the staff and founders of Lifetime.

Lifetime Group was formed in 2002 and launchedinto the wrap market in April 2005 with a major distributionarrangement with Millfield and has since added a furtherdistribution agreement with Tenet Group and a considerable numberof other distributors.

Commenting on the further investment, NorwichUnion distribution director, David Barral, commented: "Thisadditional investment further reinforces our commitment toestablishing Lifetime as a leader in the developing wrap marketplace. Lifetime has already secured a number of importantdistribution deals and we believe this announcement will bewelcomed by other potential distributors."


Press office contacts:

James Evans 01904 452791 Out of hours 07800699525

Notes to editors:

Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer. It isthe UK's largest provider of life, pensions and investment productsand one of the leading Financial Adviser (FA) providers. IFAsprovide around 75% of the company's long-term savings business inthe UK. Norwich Union has strategic alliances with buildingsocieties and other leading UK brand names including Tesco PersonalFinance and The Royal Bank of Scotland Group.

Back to top