Article date: 25 January 2002
Lex Service PLC, the motoring and business solutions company,announces that Dianne Thompson, Chief Executive of Camelot Groupplc, has been appointed to the Lex Service PLC Board as anon-executive director with effect from 1 February 2002.
Dianne Thompson became Chief Executive of Camelot Group plc inDecember 2000 after the company was awarded its second licence tooperate the National Lottery, having joined the company in February1997 as Commercial Operations Director. Previous roles includedMarketing Director for the Signet Group; Director of Marketing forWoolworths; and Managing Director of Sandvik Saws and Tools.
In accordance with Chapter 16.4 of The Listing Rules, no furtherdetails are required to be disclosed under paragraph 6.F.2(b) to(g). Sir Trevor Chinn, Chairman of Lex Service PLC, said:"I amdelighted to welcome Dianne to the Board. Her marketing and brandexpertise will be particularly valuable as we continue to build theRAC and Lex brands."
Dianne Thompson was also appointed to the Remuneration,Nomination and Audit Committees of the Lex Service PLC Board witheffect from 1 February 2002.
On 24 January 2002 Peter Long replaced Michael Ost as Chairmanof the Lex Service PLC Remuneration Committee.
For enquiries, please contact:
Lex Service PLC 01628 843 722
Brunswick Group 020 7404 5959
Brunswick Group 020 7404 5959
Notes to Editors:
Lex Service PLC
Lex Service PLC provides motoring and business solutions toindividual and business customers in through five businessgroups:
- RAC Consumer Services provides a comprehensive range ofmotoring services to individual customers, together with RAC AutoWindscreens and BSM.
- RAC Business Solutions provides a range of motoring servicesand outsourced solutions to business customers and manages complexoutsourcing bids for large public and private sector companiesorganisations.
- Lex Vehicle Leasing is the UK's leading car contract hirebusiness.
- Lex Industrial Solutions includes Lex's mechanical handlingactivities and Lex Transfleet, its commercial vehicle contracthire and fleet management business.
- Manufacturer Support Services provides outsourced marketingand inventory management services to vehicle manufacturers. Itincludes Lex Multipart; Lex Commercials, its network of commercialvehicle dealerships; and the UK importerships for Hyundai andIsuzu Truck.
The Lex Service PLC Board is made up as follows:
Sir Trevor Chinn,
Managing Director, Manufacturer Support Services
Managing Director, Lex Vehicle Leasing
Dianne Thompson is a member of the Council of the AdvertisingStandards Authority (ASA) as well as being a member of theMarketing Society, the Marketing Group of Great Britain and theWomen in Advertising Club of London. She is also a Fellow of theRoyal Society of Arts and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute ofMarketing, where she is also currently President. Dianne Thompsonwas named Veuve Cliquot 'Business Woman of the Year' in 2000 and'Marketer of the Year' by the Marketing Society in 2001.