Article date: 9 February 2005
CV Show, 5-7 April 2005
NEC Birmingham, hall 18, stand 210
On the Lex/RAC stand (hall 18, stand 210) there will be a numberof companies from RAC plc group who together provide the mostcomprehensive range of products and services to the commercialvehicle industry including vehicles and parts, leasing, funding,maintenance and software. Fleet operators can opt for just onespecific service or use the group for a complete outsourcedsolution.
At the show there will be two launches and a celebration:
- the first national van conversion service from RAC AutoWindscreens which will allow the removal of side and rear panelson many commercial vehicles and replacement of them with eitherglazed slider units or fixed glass via its Specialist GlazingDepartment
- a new dedicated van website by Lex Vehicle Leasing, which willenable customers and prospects to either specify a van or identifyvans which meet selected search criteria, and then add them to alist of favorites to make direct vehicle comparisons. The new sitewill also have information on the services available from thecompany, as well as industry news and information
- the 21 st anniversary of the Tranman fleet managementsoftware, which has just scored a hat trick as third time awardwinner in the Fleet Excellence Awards
On the Lex / RAC stand there will be four themed areas:
- vehicles from the UK's largest commercial vehicle dealergroup, Lex Commercials which provides trucks from DAF, Foden, MANERF and Isuzu, vans from LDV, and a selection of nearly newvehicles together with service and parts support including fixedprice contract maintenance, and specialist parts from LexFleetserve
- rental, contract hire and fleet management services forvehicles ranging from vans, through to HGVs from Lex VehicleLeasing and Lex Transfleet
- Tranman software, the UK's leading fleet and asset managementsoftware package from RAC Software Solutions
- ancillary services for fleet managers such as commercialvehicle assistance, accident management and risk managementconsultancy from RAC Business Solutions and automotive glazingfrom RAC Auto Windscreens
Andy Hobart, managing director, Lex Transfleet said: "With allthese RAC capabilities under one roof, the industry will be able tosee the scale, expertise and experience of our group. In addition,we will be profiling examples of our bespoke outsourcing solutionswhere we provide an integrated service to large fleet operators inareas such as utilities, defence, emergency services and airsidevia our unique Total Fleet Management solution.
Senior PR Manager
RAC Business Solutions
Tel: 020 8917 2515
Mob: 07811 957746
Notes to Editor:
The CV show is 5 – 7 April 2005.
Established in 1897, RAC has grown to become one of the largestservices organisations. A FTSE 250 company RAC plc provides acomprehensive range of motoring and vehicle solutions to consumersand businesses through a network of integrated companies. Thecompany has 11,500 employees in more than 350 locations across theUK, large and small. The company provides service to customersthrough five business groupings – Consumer Services, BusinessSolutions, Roadside, Lex Vehicle Leasing and Manufacturer SupportServices.