Article date: 12 October 2005
Norwich Union has successfully launched its "Shop" product viasoftware house Acturis, using the iMarket infrastructure.
The "Shop" product is the first offering in a range of e-tradingdevelopments being launched by Norwich Union in the commerciale-trading arena.
This development means that brokers can simply key in risk datafrom their Acturis system, obtain real time quotations fromNorwich Union, then subsequently issue the business on thespot.
Amanda Brown, head of propositions at Norwich Union, says:"Launching ‘Shop’ via Acturis is a major milestone forNorwich Union, and reinforces our strong commitment toi-Market.
“It puts the broker firmly in control when transacting shopbusiness in the commercial marketplace and provides efficienciesand cost savings to both brokers and insurers.
“This is the first offering in our range of commerciale-trading activities - we have more developments planned whichwill meet brokers’ desire to trade online for commercialbusiness."
Peter Knowles, strategy & marketing director for Polaris UKLtd, said: "We are delighted that the UK's largest insurer hasbecome the third insurer in as many months to commence integratedtrading bringing real benefits to customers , brokers andinsurers. This critical delivery reinforces the building momentumof product deliveries to the Acturis group of brokers initiallyand then to the wider market."
Theo Duchen, co-chief executive of Acturis, added: "It is veryexciting to see iMarket become a reality on Acturis. Norwich Unionhas worked extremely hard with our team to get to this positionand it is an important achievement to have Norwich Unionconnected. Given the size of Norwich Union, this should createsignificant benefits to our users".
Sally Leeman 01603 684225/07800699670
Notes to editors:
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market shareof around 14 per cent
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses, Norwich Union insures:
- One in five households
- One in seven motor vehicles
- Around 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct.
- Aviva, Norwich Union’s parent company, recentlyannounced its acquisition of the RAC. The acquisition bringstogether the RAC's powerful brand and customer base with theexpertise and leading position in motor insurance of Norwich UnionInsurance.
Norwich Union's news releases and a selection of images areavailable on the Aviva internet press centre atwww.aviva.com/media.
An ISDN facility is available for studio quality broadcast. Callthe press office on 01603 682264.