Article date: 25 October 2005
Norwich Union Healthcare announced today enhancements to GlobalCare and Global Care Plus (GC and GCP) its international privatemedical insurance (PMI) product range.
Shah Rouf, head of international for Norwich Union Healthcare,said: “We launched our new look international PMI rangeGlobal Care last year and have been constantly reviewingwhat’s happening in the market to ensure that our productcontinues to offer a comparable range of benefits, customer serviceand competitive premiums. These latest enhancements ensure that ourproduct will continue to be popular with intermediaries andcustomers.”
- Multi base currency – premiums and benefits are nowexpressed in £ Sterling, US Dollars and Euros.
- Coverage – the product splits the world into 5 areas,these areas have been expanded to include some countries that werepreviously in a higher area of cover.
- £500 Wellness benefit as standard on GCP, previously there wasno benefit for this. Covers Well Woman and Well Man tests. (750 inDollars or Euros).
- Chronic conditions and HIV aids cover- routine maintenance andmonitoring of chronic conditions introduced as standard forindividual policies. Benefit limits are £3000 for GC and £5000 forGCP.
- Ambulance benefit – full cover for the cost of a roadambulance to the nearest facility. Benefit limit removed.
- Increase in cash benefit limits from £25 to £100 per night forGC and from £50 to £150 per night for GCP. Paid for up to 28nights.
For further information about Norwich Union Healthcare’sGlobal Care policies, intermediaries should contact their usualHealthcare Sales Consultant or call The Healthcare Bureau on 08453000 649 or go to www.nuglobalcare.com.
Press office contacts:
Lorna Wiltshire 020 7662 1013 or 07800 695 150
James Evans 01904 452 791 or 07800 699 525
Notes to editors
About Norwich Union Healthcare
- Norwich Union Healthcare was founded in 1990 as the healthcarearm of Norwich Union and now provides a range of income protectionand private medical insurance products that cover over 750,000lives. It is one of the largest providers of income protection andprivate medical insurance in the UK.
- Norwich Union Healthcare is authorised and regulated by theFinancial Service Authority and is a member of the Association ofBritish Insurers and the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Norwich Union is the UK’s largest insurer. It is theUK’s largest provider of life, pensions and investmentproducts and one of the leading Financial Adviser (FA) providers.FAs provide around 75% of the company’s long-term savingsbusiness in the UK.
- Norwich Union has strategic alliances with building societiesand other leading UK brand names including Tesco Personal Financeand The Royal Bank of Scotland Group.
- Norwich Union’s news releases and a selection of imagesare available from Aviva's internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media.