Article date: 20 February 2006
Increasing demand for fleet risk managementservices has prompted Norwich Union to double the size of itsadviser team – making it the UK’s largest.
Nine experienced risk advisers will begin fleet induction trainingin March. Located throughout the country, they will be responsiblefor visiting fleets in their respective areas.
Bill Pownall, Norwich Union’s motor risk manager, said:“The value of applying risk management to fleet operations isnow being acknowledged at the highest level in companies.
“And as the largest insurer of fleet vehicles in the UK, weare getting more and more requests for help in managingoccupational road risk.
“An example of this is the demand for our risk management CDRom, which is now being reproduced after the initial run of nearly20,000 was snapped up.”
In their first phase of training the new advisers – who arealready experienced in risk consultancy and are qualified under theNational Examination Board in Occupational Health and Safety(NEBOSH) – will learn how fleet vehicles are sourced andmanaged, what is important to fleet managers and the types ofadvice they will be required to give.
Following the initial classroom training, they will shadow existingfleet risk advisers and will initially be involved with “lowcomplexity fleets” – typically those featuring cars andvans – of up to 50 vehicles.
Bill Pownall, adds: “As their experience grows, they willcontinue their training by completing risk assessments undersupervision and expanding their knowledge on other areas of thefleet market such as taxis, self-drive hire and, potentially,haulage vehicles. These risk advisers will be fully competent infleet risk management and will be an integral and valuable part ofthe team by late 2006.“
For further information, please contact:
Jon Clements at Staniforth on 0161 274 0100/ 07989414486
Sally Leeman at Norwich Union on 01603 684225/ 07800 699670
Notes to editors:
About Norwich Union Insurance
- Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer with a market shareof around 14%
- With a focus on insurance for individuals and smallbusinesses, Norwich Union insures:
- One-in-five households
- One-in-seven motor vehicles
- Around 800,000 businesses
- Norwich Union products are available through a variety ofdistribution channels including brokers, corporate partners suchas banks and building societies and Norwich Union Direct
- Aviva, Norwich Union’s parent company, announced itsacquisition of the RAC in 2005. The acquisition brings togetherthe RAC's powerful brand and customer base with the expertise andleading position in motor insurance of Norwich UnionInsurance
- Norwich Union's news releases and a selection of images areavailable on the Aviva internet press centre at www.aviva.com/media.