Article date: 21 February 2006
RAC Auto Windscreens has been appointed as the preferredprovider of specialist glazing services to GAP Group Ltd, the UK'slargest independent plant and tool hirer.
Under the three year deal, RAC Auto Windscreens’ SpecialistGlazing will provide full glazing support for GAP Group's fleet.The 404–strong GAP fleet of vehicles comprises cars, lightcommercial and heavy goods vehicles. GAP also holds over 100,000items of equipment, which includes one to nine ton dumpers, up to5.5 ton excavators, rollers, rammers, mixers, manual handlingequipment and a wide selection of tools, for use in theconstruction and utilities industries.
RAC Auto Windscreens’ expertise in all types of plantglazing, from fork lift trucks through to cranes and sitemachinery, combined with its 365 day a year service, will assistGAP Group Ltd in meeting the needs of all its customers.
RAC Auto Windscreens is the only automotive glazing company tooffer a truly national specialist glazing service. It has adedicated mobile team of specialist glazing technicians who aretrained and experienced in the repair and replacement of glass in afull range of specialist vehicles and equipment, including plant,marine, rail, agricultural and heavy goods vehicles.
As part of the contract, GAP Group Ltd has its own dedicated freephone glass line. The line feeds directly to RAC AutoWindscreens’ Specialist Glazing department’s callcontrol centre, which is manned by call controllers who haveextensive knowledge of plant equipment enabling them to handlecalls promptly.
“RAC Auto Windscreens is a true national player who can offerconsistency in terms of pricing, quality and service. This, and thefact that there is a good geographic fit between GAP depots and RACfitting centres, is why we chose RAC Auto Windscreens to beGAP’s automotive glazing repair and replacementprovider,” commented Ken Stewart, procurement manager GAPGroup Ltd.
RAC Auto Windscreens
Telephone: 01246 223 192
Mobile: 07800 628008
RAC Press Office
Telephone: 020 8917 2742
Outside office hours 07764 658 666
Notes to editors:
RAC Auto Windscreens
- RAC Auto Windscreens provides a wholly owned and operatedcomplete automotive glazing repair and replacement service(windscreens, rear windows and side windows) through the largestfitting centre network in the UK
- It is the only replacement windscreen specialist with its ownmanufacturing operation, producing 250,000 windscreens a year in adedicated factory in Chesterfield
- Backed by a fleet of 1000 fully equipped mobile fitting units,RAC Auto Windscreens provides a true 24/7 national service formore than 750,000 private and corporate customers every year.
- With 7 million members, RAC is one of the UK's mostprogressive motoring organisations and a provider for both privateand business motorists. Whether it's roadside assistance,windscreen repair and replacement, learning to drive, vehicleinspections, legal and financial services or up-to-the-minutetraffic and travel information - RAC is able to meetmotorists’ needs.
- Aviva’s recent acquisition of RAC brings together theRAC's powerful brand and customer base with the expertise andleading position in motor insurance of Norwich Union Insurance(part of Aviva). Norwich Union is the UK's largest insurer,insuring one-in-seven motor vehicles and with a market share ofaround 14%.